• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[March] What are you reading?

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I had several false starts with a few books; they were not what I was looking for at the time. About to finish up Dhampire (good book; vampire hunting in a fantasy world) and then I might try Illumination or... um, something else :)

Wombat

First Post
Let's see...

Just finished A Forest of Kings: The Untold Story of the Ancient Maya and am starting The Pyrates (by George MacDonald Fraser, of Flashman fame). Next on the block are some Charles de Lint short stories -- been too long since I've read him. :)

On the Book of Mormon level -- read it years ago. Debated it with Mormons & non-Mormons. And that's all I'll say on the board.

I think I mentioned this in the last gaming fiction thead... I really like most of the ones I have read both in the 40k and fantasy universe. There were a couple that I found wanting but hey it works for me. I really like the Gotrek and Felix novels, like the Eisenhorn trilogy, and some others

diaglo

Adventurer
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
...onto The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers (my choice for the ENWorld Book Group this month).
thanks to the share the love...i've just started this one...well i'm 100 pages in.

just finished reading UA by Andy Collins

and i'm partly into the paperback version of Dissolution from WotC.

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
Halfway through The Face In The Frost by John Bellairs, then onto The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers (my choice for the ENWorld Book Group this month).

Loved the Face in the Frost. Grabbed me from the first sentence.

"Prospero and Roger Bacon, the two main characters in a story that seems crammed with wizards, were wizards.

Sarigar

First Post
Finally getting around to Uther by Jack Whyte. The new King Arthur movie looks like it borrows on a few ideas from this series. Has anyone picked up R.A. Salvatore's new book out last week? Other than that The Cathars for graduate work.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Not much so far this month:

The Runaway Jury by John Grisham. This is my first Grisham novel. So far, I'm underwhelmed; therefore, it'll probably be my last.

The Red Badge of Courage and Selected Prose and Poetry by Stephen Crane.

I might start The Gulag Archilpelago by Alexsandr Solzhenitsyn this month. If I do, I'll probably dig out The Black Book of Communism and read a couple hundred more pages from it as well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads