• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[March] What are you reading?

d4

First Post
ToddSchumacher said:
And I'll start into Dune when I get the time...that's the hard part.
i started Dune this summer. i had never gotten into the series before, even though i've always wanted to read them. i just started the fifth book, Heretics of Dune, last week.

i just read a book on the history of pi, and i've got one on the history of zero i'm about 1/3 of the way through. after that, i guess i need to find a book on the history of e to finish off my favorite mathematical constants. ;)

i'm thinking of going back and rereading the Riverworld books at some point. maybe after Dune.

and if i could ever get my hands on a copy of The Green Pearl, i could finish off Jack Vance's Lyonesse trilogy. that would make a great RPG setting.

Nighthawk

First Post
I have just finished Mark of Heresy (WHF novel). Currently, I am reading Girl With A Pearl Earring (recommended by a colleague) and The History of the Ship. After those two books, I will read The Kalevide.

Swoop109

First Post
Mog Elffoe said:
I'm working on Midnight Sun, the collection of Karl Edward Wagner's Kane short stories.

I just finished Reflections For the Winter of My Soul and Cold Light.

Bad. To. The. BONE.

Highly recomended.
Just finished re-reading those myself. Wagner's character is one of the few orginal characters in the entire S&S genre. the great pity is that he was never able to finish the last Kane novel that he started.

Krug

Newshound
Finished Way of the Dead, the latest Warhammer fantasy compilation. Quite a lot of fun. Probably start on Reefer Madness soon.

CrusaderX

First Post
Last month I re-read A Game of Thrones.

This month I'm re-reading A Clash of Kings.

Next month, you guessed it, I'll be re-reading A Storm of Swords.

And then the long wait for the fourth book will continue... :(

Asmo

First Post
Lord of the Rings for the second time. This time in english, though.
Just finished the part where Merry and Pippin meets Treebeard.
Have PJ explained to us why Treebeard (in the movie) is tricked into going after Saruman, rather following the counsel of the Entmoot?
I find this very strange.

Asmo

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Asmo said:
...Just finished the part where Merry and Pippin meets Treebeard.
Have PJ explained to us why Treebeard (in the movie) is tricked into going after Saruman, rather following the counsel of the Entmoot?
You mean how they tricked him? They told him to turn south, where they knew he would see the tremendous devestation Saruman had wrought on the forest there, get really ticked off, and call them to war regardless of what was decided based on this evidence that yes, he does mean them harm and what he is doing can and will affect them directly. It's pretty self-evident from the scene where he strides out of the forest to see all the hacked stumps. 'Some of these trees were my friends', etc.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
So far, still working on Illumination, by Terry McGarry. It's a long book, and fairly slow-going but it's holding my interest. Just passed the half-way point. Very good ideas on magic.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads