D&D 5E March's D&D Book To Be Announced On January 9th

A mysterious entry has appeared on Amazon! With a product title of "Dungeons & Dragons March Release Book (Title announced January 9th)" and a release date of March 17th, 2020, this $49.95 hardcover release will be revealed in under a week!

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 10.49.53 AM.png

The description reads "Your first look at the next D&D title comes on January 9th! Keep an eye on wherever you get your D&D news for a preview of the book."

Could there be a clue in the dice being released on the same day? Laeral Silverhand's Explorer's Kit is described as "Dice and miscellany for the world's greatest roleplaying game" for $29.99. We'll find out on Thursday!

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 10.54.20 AM.png

Who's Laeral Silverhand? She's a prolific creator of magic items from Waterdeep, and one of the most powerful wizards in the Forgotten Realms. She's one of the Seven Sisters, introduced in 1987's Forgotten Realms boxed set, although Laeral herself wasn't described in that product. Ed Greenwood'sThe Seven Sisters supplement fully detailed them in 1995. Laeral and Khlben 'Blackstaff' Arunsun led a group called the Moonstars. In 5th edition, she appears in Waterdeep: Dragon Heist.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Got it, never get excited because you might get disappointed. Heck no. If I look at it and something exciting is what the evidence shows then I'm going to get excited.

You guys really know how to ruin things, I was excited and looking forward to this product and you had to ruin it.

If I'm right I won't be able to enjoy the moment and if I'm wrong I still won't be able to enjoy this moment now and I will be no less disappointed, but I'll certainly has less fun in the intervening time.

All based on tweets you don't have the context for and that accessory doesn't have as many maps as you artificially think it should.

Now that you have ruin this for me, I'm done with this thread. Hope your proud of yourselves.

Wow, that was a thing.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
That would literally be aweful, the worst thing it could be.

You may be right, but it sounds exactly like the kind of thing that they'd publish at that time. It'll probably be better than it sounds, though. They usually are. Sorry for my part in bursting your bubble. Hang in there. You might get something closer to what you want in September.

Myzzrym

Explorer
Crossing my finger for either a book about the Forgotten Realm setting or some Xanathar-like book with magic items / feats and subclasses.

... But I'm pretty sure it'll just be another campaign so I'll be sulking in that corner over there in anticipation.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
There's no reason it has to be adventures or rules, it could easily be a little of both. I'm not going to think too hard about it though, we'll find out on Thursday. Reading tea leaves is only fun for me past a certain point. On that note however I'd agree that the phrase 'wider realms' or whatever it was is probably the best indicator that it's not likely SCAG 2.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases