• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Marco Volo Trilogy

Dominoe

First Post
Does anyone have the Marco Volo trilogy converted from AD&D 2nd Edition to 3.5? Or is anyone willing to do so? The three modules (departure, journey, and arrival) are all availible at the Official D&D Site so its not hard to get ahold of them. I don't really want to convert it because
A. I don't have the time
B. It would be my first conversion, and I would mess somthing up :\

yennico

First Post
Dominoe said:
Does anyone have the Marco Volo trilogy converted from AD&D 2nd Edition to 3.5? Or is anyone willing to do so? The three modules (departure, journey, and arrival) are all availible at the Official D&D Site so its not hard to get ahold of them. I don't really want to convert it because
A. I don't have the time
B. It would be my first conversion, and I would mess somthing up :\
Welcome to the boards.
I do not know if anybody is willing to do it, but if you want a job done correctly, do it yourself. :)
If you have questions in the conversion you can ask them here. :)

Last edited:

Dominoe

First Post
thanks

Yeah, I just finished reading through the conversion book and it really isn't as hard as it seems, although three modules will take awhile. Where can I find those restrictions WotC put up? ie: what are my restrictions when converting?

yennico

First Post
You will find the guidelines from WotC here.

I flipped thorugh the three books. Most opponents are humanoids with class levels.
For these persons you can use a character generator (either PCgen or if you own the e-tools).
Converting these persons is only a matter of time :)

The only monsters which you must convert is the tanar´ri rat fiend and the flind.
A conversion of the flind to D&D 3.0 can be found here.

The artefact dragonking´s eye is an item which you must convert.

yennico

First Post
You will find the PCgen here.

If I recall correctly in the new versions you will only find the open content from the WotC books ( PHB,DMG, MM and Psionic), so you will miss e.g. races, feats and spells from Forgotten Realms.

Dominoe

First Post
Well, I have a good ammount of progress. Nearly done w/ the first adventure. Just making it pretty and tieing up the little details. I'll release only when all three are done, though.

Remove ads