• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Marked By Destiny, Marked by Tragedy Part 2 (No Judge Yet)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Do we have a sense of what is 'further'? I had thought we sort of randomly followed this girl (or maybe there's only one way to go except for the way we came?). If there's an obvious 'further', then if no one is terribly hurt, we should go that way)

Patlin

Explorer
A search of this area reveals only two ways out of the room, one of which is the way you came from. If anyone has the track feat, I could provide some additional information. You could backtrack if you want, but unless you chose to do so it would seem the path is clear.

Patlin

Explorer
You travel onward, and find a number of battle sights. It appears that the abberantly marked adventurers who proceeded you have had a number of combats, mostly with twisted vermin and kobolds. At least, it seems reasonable to assume that those are the parties responsible for the dead creatures, though there is no way of knowing for sure. There are half a dozen low quality short spears and suits of leather armor left here after the fight, all sized for small humanoids, should anyone be industrious enough to gather them up.

[sblock=For Judge, should we someday have one]At this point, I'm going to mostly abandon the adventure notes. Having to consult them is slowing me down, and looking over the upcoming encounters I've noted a monster with a hit die entry of "cannot be killed" which I find somewhat alarming, and also with an entry for DR on that same monster. The one would seem to render the other obsolete. I feel better winging it, and while I'll try to maintain the feel of the original I'm going to alter the details.[/sblock]

You come to a part of the cavern complex where the tunnel begins to slope steeply down.

[sblock=Listen DC 10]Voices seem to be coming from the area down the slope.[sblock=If prior check beat listen DC 14]The voices seem to be engaged in an argument, something about a machine.[sblock=If prior listen check beat DC 18]Someone is saying heatedly "I don't think he even knows what the damn machine will really do! Whatever 'Capturing the energy of the great mark' means, the whole thing might just explode in his face and bring this cavern crashing down on top of us all."[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
stonegod said:
Weapon flattens against the wall and looks into the darkness. "Strike? Or sneak? I cannot do the latter well."

The elf looks at the warforged,"I do much better at sneaking than striking. But after coming down the pit into that kobold trap, I'm a bit leary of galavanting ahead without back-up close by."

Remove ads