Level Up (A5E) Marshalls with Extra attack

Can a Marshall with extra attacks use Commanding Presence for both attacks or only one? One of my players has a Marshall character who's destiny is Devotion (to not use weapons) and he makes good use of other "attack" options but we're curious about using both attacks from Extra Attack to allow allies to attack.

xiphumor

Legend
Can a Marshall with extra attacks use Commanding Presence for both attacks or only one? One of my players has a Marshall character who's destiny is Devotion (to not use weapons) and he makes good use of other "attack" options but we're curious about using both attacks from Extra Attack to allow allies to attack.
Nope, just one, but once you have Extra attack it means that you can attack once on that turn as well.

When you take the Attack action, you can forgo making one attack to allow a friendly creature within range of your Commanding Presence to make an attack instead. If the target the target can hear or see you, it can use its reaction to either cast a cantrip or make one weapon attack. (AG 212, 214)

Selganor

Adventurer
It recently came up in our group, too (when my Vox Savant noticed that in some places in hell you have to "choose violence" and multiclassed into Marshal).
I'm the only non-spellcaster in the group, so the rest of my party (paladin, bladesinger and hexblade) are usually also happy to use cantrips out of their turn. And if they don't need their reaction between my turn and their next one it is doubly useful.

Huntedown

Villager
Nope, just one, but once you have Extra attack it means that you can attack once on that turn as well.

When you take the Attack action, you can forgo making one attack to allow a friendly creature within range of your Commanding Presence to make an attack instead. If the target the target can hear or see you, it can use its reaction to either cast a cantrip or make one weapon attack. (AG 212, 214)
When the Marshal reach extra attack (2), is the marshal allowed to give his 2 extra attack to 2 different target?

thuter

Explorer
If you really wanted you could multiclass 2 levels into Vanguard Savant, to give the other attack away too.

(Edit: Vanguard, not Vox)

Last edited:

Selganor

Adventurer
My Vox Savant (who recently MCed into Marshal because talk can only help you so far in Hell) could maybe use one of these in 2-3 levels (and maybe even get to the second one if the DM allows me to exchange one of my previous feats) just before the campaign ends.

Currently the Spymaster (from MOAR Intrigue) looks like my archetype to choose next level.

I'm guessing that Savant levels only add to Marshal MC maneuvers if the Savant actually chooses the combat option that gives maneuvers.

Last edited:

Remove ads