• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Masks of Nyarlathotep: Chapter 1.5 (New York City)

Gomez

First Post
OOC: The speaker is male and you "think" it is in english. To speed thing along, I am going to have Jack pick the lock. I think that's what he would do anyway.

Jack pulls out his wires and starts to work the lock. This one is harder to open than the other lock but after a minute or two he unlocks the door.

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
Jibril tells jack exactly what he heard. "If we leave the light on it will give us away when we open the door. If we shut it off, we'll be lost anyway. I say we go now." He waits for a nod or objection from Jack. If he gets the former rather than the latter, he pushes the door open a little, enough to look into the room, his gun very ready.

If Jack wants to try something else, Jibril goes along with it.

Gomez

First Post
Pushing the door open and stepping in your lantern reveals a large room. It has a tall ceiling and the walls are of dressed stone. Large tribal drums line the walls and a 12-foot wide curtain covers the center part of the opposite wall. A large 8-foot diameter stone circular slab sits in the middle of the room. The slab is about a foot thick. A tackle and pulley hangs above it. When you enter the room your attention is pulled to the right as you hear a gasp. You see William, Father O'Malley, and Lt. Poole hanging from a pole that sticks out of the wall above their heads. They look to be bond by the wrists to the pole. Lt. Poole's head is slumped forwards and he appears unresponsive. The body of a black man in a pool of blood lies at their feet.

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
ooc: Are they conscious, except for Poole? if so:

"Yaha!" he gasps at the sight. If it looks like he could reach up to cut the men down, he will start doing so. If not, he will look for something to stand on, or ask Jack to give him ten fingers to step up to do it. If he can manage it by himself, he'll ask Jack to keep watch; if not, Jibril thinks the first priority is to get everyone free.

ooc: from now on, I'm just going to keep the translations of Jibril's Arabic off in the other thread, linked in my sig.

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"Took you long enough," William says as Jack and Jibril enter the room. He gestures towards the stone block. "Watch it. I heard some noises from under there earlier." Then, "Lt. Poole's not doing too well. He made no response when we tried to contact him. We should get him to a hospital or something."

After he gets down on the ground, he tells the story of what happened, rubbing his chafed wrists. "After you went out to secure the door, Jack, and we attempted to buy the knife, N'kwane pulled out a spear and attacked us with a small gang of men -- about 4, I think." He gestures to the man on the floor. "That was one of them. I got the spear from them and killed him. I was afraid we were going to end up like Elias." He paces over towards the door. We should get going as quickly as possible. N'kwane and his cronies left, but I believe he said they'd be back."

Vendetta

First Post
"What's under there, any idea? And, how long ago was it that N'Kwane left?" Jack asks nodding toward the floor where noise had been heard. He stands at the door, pistol at the ready incase anyone should make an untimely arrival. When he hears that the rest are freed, he says. "We should go up and check for that knife... if it is still here, which I doubt. But it obviously is something significant. Heck, while we are at it, might as well take anything else that we think might be useful... if you saw anything, that is." Jack looks around fbriefly or potential weapons that his comerades might be able to use should the assailents return.

((OOC: Odd... I had posted something yesterday but its not there. My internet crashed but I had pushed "Submit Reply" just before it crashed... guess it didn't get through :( anyway, at this point, it was meaningless and doesn't or wouldn't have changed anything))

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"I don't have any idea. I heard two or three very quiet sobs a few moments ago, and nothing for several minutes now. I don't fancy checking to see what it is, though, not in this place. N'kwane left several hours ago. The Father and myself have been hanging here in the dark for three or four hours. He most likely hid the knife, I'm certain, but it was definitely them that did it. One of the men who attacked us was wielding a similar knife and," William pauses, "I'm fairly certain one of the men was one of Elias' murderers. As to a weapon," he says, walking across the room, "I hate to seem ghoulish, but Lt. Poole won't be needing anythng right now."

[sblock]I'm assuming Lt. Poole was armed? If so, I'll appropriate his sidearm for the time being.[/sblock]

Maerdwyn

First Post
"All right, we can speak more after we get out of here, enshahallah. If necessary, we can come back later, better prepared and with the police." Jibril checks to see if Poole is still alive. If he isn't, or if he is and it looks like moving him won't do much more harm, Jibril lifts him up and carries him towards the exit. Meanwhile, he hands his pistol off to one of the others - probably William, as Jibril remembers he was a veteran of the War.

Vendetta

First Post
"Sobs? Maybe someone is down there that needs help." Jack says, looking a bit hurt, as Jabril lifts Lt. Poole.

Last edited:

Remove ads