May previews

Asmor

First Post
Just noticed that both the minions do static damage, suggesting that the idea is you just roll a bunch of d20s to see how many hit. Interesting. I like it.

Ravingdork

Explorer
Did anyone notice that it is practically impossible to be hit by the flame jets once you know they are there?

It attacks as a reaction, not an interrupt. So you can move through the area and, unless you are really slow, it won't burst until after you have cleared the area. Even slow creatures could run through it (a 4-square speed creature can run 12 squares in a round, easily avoiding multiple flame jet traps). :rolleyes:

After the first round it starts bursting on initiative, which means the PCs only have to watch it, get the timing down, and then move through it with ease.

I'm sure if you have enough flame jets covering a large enough area, somebody is bound to get burned by them though.

Also, I'm confused by the number of jets (particularly where it says to increase them). Does it get a seperate attack for each jet? If so, does it cover a 3x3 area PER jet? Why is that considered one trap and not two?

Mort_Q said:
They won't be alone.

Level 6 Encounter (XP 1,350)
:1: 1 orc eye of Gruumsh (level 5 controller)
:2: 2 orc berserkers (level 4 brute)
:3: 4 orc warriors (level 9 minion)
:4: 2 dire wolves (level 5 skirmisher)
Uhm, I'm not quite sure what you though my point was, or what this has to do with it. Especially since I didn't really have a point besides "that sticks in my throat a bit".

MaelStorm

First Post
Asmor said:
I thought it was "known" that the alignments were one-dimensional, and went:

Lawful Good, Good, Neutral, Evil, Chaotic Evil

Or is that still technically speculation?
Well, it has been hinted at by Charwoman Gene, but it has not been officially confirmed yet.

There is no more neutral but unaligned./nitpick

Fallen Seraph

First Post
They may not know the burst size though, it be alot of running, dodging out of the way as a burst of flame nearly hits you then running some more trying to beat the timer. Sounds right to me.

Each jet has its own initiative and its own attack (so own 3 burst). It is considered one trap because they work together (being activated at the same time), and can be disabled together, and have a combined XP.

Bishmon

First Post
Asmor said:
Man, for some reason now I want to play in an evil campaign as a snivelly little warlord, totally useless on his own, screaming "ATTACK THAT ONE OVER THERE, FOOL!" to the dragonborn tank.

That at will power is absolutely mind-blowing to me in its elegance and simplicity. It truly carves out a niche for the Warlord in a way I never would have thought of. I'm amazed that they actually managed to make the warlord into a class which helps its allies, and is technically supporting them and not actually doing much, yet you really do feels like you're doing something. Crap, I'm rambling... I can't even describe how amazing that power is to me.
I really liked that power, but I thought it was unfortunate how much of a stark contrast it was to the other warlord powers that all required the warlord make a melee attack to do something that would help the party.

I hope there's more powers like the warlord's Commander's Strike, but considering almost all other 'buff' type powers we've seen require some sort of attack as well (because, apparently, everyone abhors the thought of not being able to attack every single round), I'm hard-pressed to think of it as anything other than an exception. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Derren said:
Wow, spotting that a fist sized cut crystal on a pedestal in the center of the room is a trap (like in the picture) is really hard.....
FIFY :)

Edit: Ninja'd by FS. After a few of these there will be some paranoid about large gems and crystals adventuring groups out there :evil grin:

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
But it says it's a dc 29 perception check to notice the gem. You need another check to recognize it as a trap.

Remove ads