MCDM monster book “Flee Mortals!” KS is live!

overgeeked

B/X Known World
OK, I just watched part of the video and though Matt rubes me the wrong way a bit, he mentioned that dragons would be in the book (sort of) and I am a sucker for dragons. Time to go back that PDF!
Watching the livestream and… I can kind of see what you mean. Hopefully the writing is better than his presentation. I am interested in the book.
I… Matt can be hard to take. However I don’t think that team of folks would work together if they weren’t great folks. And they do make great stuff. And overall they do have their hearts in right even if I disagree with things.
Huh. I just don't get that. He seems rather personable and friendly and doesn't take himself too seriously and drops a joke every now and then. He speaks like a real person and not a marketing talking head. And he lays things out in a rather matter of fact way. Here's what we like, here's what we don't like, so here's a book to fix some issues we have with the monsters in 5E.

darjr

I crit!
Huh. I just don't get that. He seems rather personable and friendly and doesn't take himself too seriously and drops a joke every now and then. He speaks like a real person and not a marketing talking head. And he lays things out in a rather matter of fact way. Here's what we like, here's what we don't like, so here's a book to fix some issues we have with the monsters in 5E.
I agree with you. And I also can understand what other people see.

I also see great folks who are very loyal and am certain it’s for good reasons.

Finally I see what he does, and with product, or being there in a good way for his friends, fellow workers and employees, and his fans.

Personally I can't stand the way he talks--radio-guy voice turned up to 11--so it doesn't really matter what he's saying. I'm out the second time he starts quiet and then GOES WAY UP HERE and then back down to a rumble and then back up. Just bugs me and seems corny.

I know it's petty, and I don't know if that's at all what others are referring to.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I agree with you. And I also can understand what other people see.
I generally try to see things from multiple angles, but I just don't see what the problem would be. Honest question. What about his presentation could possibly rub someone the wrong way?
Personally I can't stand the way he talks--radio-guy voice turned up to 11--so it doesn't really matter what he's saying. I'm out the second time he starts quiet and then GOES WAY UP HERE and then back down to a rumble and then back up. Just bugs me and seems corny.

I know it's petty, and I don't know if that's at all what others are referring to.
Not necessarily petty. But everyone's different. I see that as basic presentation. Some things need emphasis, others don't. It's infinitely better than a low, droning monotone style...or always speaking at 11. Variability keeps it interesting to listen to and you know which parts are more important. But that's me.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

Y'know, these personal insults directed at a creator for the way they talk are making me really uncomfortable. Let's not do that, eh, folks? You wouldn't like it if somebody on the internet was talking about you that way. Let's focus on the Kickstarter and the products.

darjr

I crit!
One million!

6313427B-0CCD-4D7A-B10E-8B658E898DE7.jpeg

Backed! The preview has me so pumped! I really loved 4E's monster design once they nailed down the math, and found 5E's monsters a big step back in how fun they were to run. This looks to carry that forward nicely.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases