MCDM monster book “Flee Mortals!” KS is live!

dave2008

Legend
I'm going to wait until it hits retail. $70 bucks for the cheapest physical tier plus shipping is a no go for me. Plus, from the description it sounds like the book is not anywhere close to done.
That has generally been my response to long delivery time KickStarters. However, I did back this one. The regular updates (some to be delivered at campaign completion) seemed worth it. That and they mention dragons on the video. I'm always looking for another take on dragons.

Last edited:

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
$941,535.

Didn’t hit $1 million overnight. But closing in.

Yeah, it'll definitely hit $1 million. Good thing too, those lairs will be great!

$2 million though... that may be tougher to hit, especially as there aren't any more stretch goals between the $1 and $2 million. If the funding degrades by about 40% per day (each day bringing in 40% less $s than the day before) they'll hit it. If it degrades by 50% they won't.

I'd guess they probably WON'T hit it, but MCDM will probably just play a round of North Africa anyway. Seems Colville just wants to anyway and is looking for an excuse!

Weiley31

Legend
I'll probably get it just for Minion rules. Man, this, all three Monster Manuals Expanded 1+2+3, and the Kobold Press Monster books will probably hold me over instead of the regular WoTC Monster Manual for 5E.

This looks great but the previous Kickstarter has been such a train wreck I might pass. Not just that it was way late. That happened to a lot of KS with Covid and the shipping apocalypse. But the problems with the print run on top of that in the general dissatisfaction I see in the comments.

OK, I just watched part of the video and though Matt rubes me the wrong way a bit, he mentioned that dragons would be in the book (sort of) and I am a sucker for dragons. Time to go back that PDF!
Watching the livestream and… I can kind of see what you mean. Hopefully the writing is better than his presentation. I am interested in the book.

darjr

I crit!
I… Matt can be hard to take. However I don’t think that team of folks would work together if they weren’t great folks. And they do make great stuff. And overall they do have their hearts in right even if I disagree with things.

Remove ads