MCDM monster book “Flee Mortals!” KS is live!

dave2008

Legend
It's odd that MC doesn't talk about pathfinder 2e at all. It sort of goes along with his channel, until recently, not talking about non-official-dnd except maybe as relics of the past. But it's odd to have products like this occupy the space of more complex, more gamist dnd, yet not even acknowledge that other systems exist.
Why is this odd? I don't see many 3PP supporting 5e and PF2 or discussing PF2 at all. Why would Matt be different? Has he normally discussed multiple systems?

Aldarc

Legend
It's odd that MC doesn't talk about pathfinder 2e at all. It sort of goes along with his channel, until recently, not talking about non-official-dnd except maybe as relics of the past. But it's odd to have products like this occupy the space of more complex, more gamist dnd, yet not even acknowledge that other systems exist.
Matt Colville and MCDM seem to be eyeing the long-term possibility of creating their own game that hews a bit closer to their own game design sensibilities.

dave2008

Legend
Matt Colville and MCDM seem to be eyeing the long-term possibility of creating their own game that hews a bit closer to their own game design sensibilities.
They should just make a 4e "module" for 5e. Likely to make a lot more money that way then start another new RPG.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone

He mentions Pathfinder in the livestream, he's never played it so he won't talk about it.

I think as a player he respects other systems just fine, he plugs ones he thinks look cool on his Twitter. But as a business, they only focus on 5E, which makes some sense considering it's the 500 pound gorilla. No other system comes close, and they make supplementary products... makes sense to only talk about 5E in a product release context.

In his running the game videos, he's mentioned other game systems he likes. D&D is clearly his favorite though, and 4E is likely his favorite edition (but he recognizes much fewer folks play it now).

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Colville seems to think that they may actually hit $2 mill, as apparently they haven't yet launched a planned ad campaign.

I'm guessing it probably doesn't matter how much they raise, they seem likely to do it even if they fall short. I'd be surprised if they hit $1.9 mill and say "Oh hey, he didn't hit it, sorry we won't do it!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases