MCU announces 8 Phase 4 TV shows for Disney +

So more shows I will not be able to watch.

Damn I hate Pay-Wall subscription streaming.
How dare they want money.
How much is the package deal? I'm not into sports either but Disney+, Hulu, ESPN might be worth it.
$12.99 USD a month

I may just drop netflix and get the bundle, or keep netflix and just sub to Disney+,I'll have to look and see what hulu offers.

gyor

Legend
Right now I have streaming services Cravetv, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Fantasy Network, but I watch a lot of YouTube. I likely also get Disney+, but not NBCuniversal, Warnermedia, ect... and I will likely dump the fantasy network this month.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

It isn't quite that simple. When you subscribe to a streaming service, you don't just pay for content. You also pay for all the infrastructure and overhead for that content, including things like the development of the apps used to access that content, and so on.

With each content provider putting up their own service, we are paying that overhead for each service - effectively raising what we pay well over just the price for the content. If the content creators could instead settle on a couple of possible providers (in the model Netflix and Hulu started with), we consumers would get more content for our dollar, while the content creators would still get paid at the same rate for the content.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Yeah I do feel sorry for you Americans, having to pay for so many subscription channels, its good to be in a small country that only has 4 choices (although Disney has announced that its coming over soon)
Plus our free channels get content from US, UK, Canada and Australia so they’re pretty good

Last edited:

CapnZapp

Legend
If you want to watch all the good shows without resorting to piracy and are based in the US you had to have maybe five subscriptions ($50/month?) but this is now edging upwards ten ($100/mo).

At that time, the promise to cut costs with your cord evaporates.

Zardnaar

Legend

$12.99 USD a month

I may just drop netflix and get the bundle, or keep netflix and just sub to Disney+,I'll have to look and see what hulu offers.

Disney plus by itself isn't exciting but that's fairly reasonable. It's about $5 my money per service.

We had four let two expire and will likely get Amazon back which is due to a technical glitch from our ISP. We're supposed to have it for free. End of August they say.

Alot of stuff also screens here for free, and a local streaming service doesn't have the variety but it had the quality. Let that one go once it ran out of shows.

If I was American and had liked sports I would probably have Amazon, Netflix and the Disney bundle. Four would probably be the upper limit.

What happened here with Amazon we had some sort of package deal to get Amazon for free but it expired in a week instead of a year so were going to leave ISP at the end of the month if it's not fixed and if they claim the old your contract we'll lay complaint to the commerce commission or threaten to if they don't mutually agree to it.

By shuffling thing around at one point we had 3 services for free. Free trials and $3 for 3 months type deals also pop up.

Last edited:

It isn't quite that simple. When you subscribe to a streaming service, you don't just pay for content. You also pay for all the infrastructure and overhead for that content, including things like the development of the apps used to access that content, and so on.

With each content provider putting up their own service, we are paying that overhead for each service - effectively raising what we pay well over just the price for the content. If the content creators could instead settle on a couple of possible providers (in the model Netflix and Hulu started with), we consumers would get more content for our dollar, while the content creators would still get paid at the same rate for the content.

Maybe I should have just gone with "welcome to the future of streaming?" instead of my snarky comment?

Remove ads