• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MD-DC-VA Gaming Day Spring 2005 - Date Planning

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Xath said:
Well, the date is certainly not set in stone. We don't want to infringe upon NC's day at all. Offer me up some suggestions ladies and gentlemen. I'll bring them up at Thursday's meeting.

I have no desire (and I'm in no position anyway) to dictate when you guys have your game day, but is there any possibility of having it be more like late May? I ask because we have to structure our game days down here so that they all fall within the university's academic year (that's when the student center where we hold them is available). So we've adopted a "tri-annual" event with one in September, one in January and one in April. It leaves some of us jonesing for a summertime event and we might be able to get a carload or caravan to head up to your area if it "split the difference" a bit between the April and September gap we've got.

Rasyr

Banned
Banned
Rel - I sent Cthulhu's Librarian an email yesterday, so that we can once again start trying to setup our own C-Ville Game Day. For such, ours would have to be either early March or mid/late-May due to the schedule of the other game days. The more I think about, the more I like a May Game Day for C-Ville (or C-Ville/Richmond)

Psion - which idea? :D

Xath

Moder-gator
Rel said:
I have no desire (and I'm in no position anyway) to dictate when you guys have your game day, but is there any possibility of having it be more like late May? I ask because we have to structure our game days down here so that they all fall within the university's academic year (that's when the student center where we hold them is available). So we've adopted a "tri-annual" event with one in September, one in January and one in April. It leaves some of us jonesing for a summertime event and we might be able to get a carload or caravan to head up to your area if it "split the difference" a bit between the April and September gap we've got.

We have sort of the same problem. Because the room funding comes from the SGA and is allocated for the Spring semester, we have to use it before the end of that time. And because of Finals, May is also not optionable. Not only would we not be able to give our full hosting effort, but we'd lose alot of college attendees. April 30 is Maryland Day, and every rentable room on the campus is already booked unitil midnight. I'd say our options lie between March 19-April 16.

The_Universe and I could certainly make it on the 16th. I would prefer earlier in April due to unusually early finals, but so long as I plan ahead, the 16th will prolly work!

:)

Let me know what I can do to help, Xath!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Xath said:
We have sort of the same problem. Because the room funding comes from the SGA and is allocated for the Spring semester, we have to use it before the end of that time. And because of Finals, May is also not optionable. Not only would we not be able to give our full hosting effort, but we'd lose alot of college attendees. April 30 is Maryland Day, and every rentable room on the campus is already booked unitil midnight. I'd say our options lie between March 19-April 16.

That being the case, I'd say that your best bet for drawing folks from down here would be to shoot for mid-March. But that should be a secondary consideration to what works best for the local crowd up there.

Whenever you settle on a date I'll see if I can round up a few folks from around here who want to make the trip.

MetalBard

First Post
I would be able to make it if it were earlier in the month of April. The weekends of April 2nd or 9th would work for me. Would there be the same sort of sign-up method/system from last time?

der_kluge

Adventurer
I suspect I'm going to be spending a lot of wife points going to nearby game days (those who are married know what I mean). And yea, I wouldn't be able to make both game days (NC vs MD/DC/VA) within a week of each other - AND GenCon to boot. That's really pushing it. I'd probably favor the MD/DC/VA game day given a choice, just because I've already done the NC game day once; need to mix it up a bit. :)

So yes, I'd definitely be interested in this. Put me down for running a couple of games. Rasyr, I could definitely run HARP. Yea, no intimidation running HARP for the designer (and my current boss!)... :uhoh:

I'll run HARP, and I want to run a round-robin d20 game. Been itching for that for a while now.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads