D&D 5E Mearls' "Firing" tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the 3/.5 Bard. One of the only things I recall fondly from that edition.

Gnomes, of course, have always been excellent.

I remember one time I was playing with a the DM kept track of the damage dealt on the battlemap (wet erase) so we could look at the damage being done by the monk and fighter each attack. And my bard ended up contributing more damage to each fight just from the +3 I was boosting their damage by and the extra attack from haste, let alone any hits that only connected because on my +4 to attack.
I was a beast.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I remember one time I was playing with a the DM kept track of the damage dealt on the battlemap (wet erase) so we could look at the damage being done by the monk and fighter each attack. And my bard ended up contributing more damage to each fight just from the +3 I was boosting their damage by and the extra attack from haste, let alone any hits that only connected because on my +4 to attack.
I was a beast.

Hell yeah, Bards were awesome. Combine the damage boost with the broad spell list and good skill set, and you’ve got a helluva party asset.

Werebat

Explorer
Sometime people in positions of influence would do better for themselves and their cause if they kept their mouths shut and fingers off their keyboards.

Even in this day and age, not every issue needs to be addressed immediately and not every opinion should be instantly expressed.

You didn't have to go bringing Trump into this.

Werebat

Explorer
So... those who pretend to be elves pretend to be gatekeepers, and those who pretend to be gatekeepers pretend they can keep out women. Now, those who pretend to be gatekeepers of the pretend gatekeepers now pretend they can stop pretend gatekeepers from pretending they can keep out women. Hmm, on Japanese rpg character sheets it's become kata to ask your RL age, occupation, and the point at which you grow up and stop playing games. How long til the irony is complete? Remember, playing a childrens game is full of shame, and shame is like a festering wound that never heals. Imagine all the adult-like things you could be doing to better create your ideal culture instead of sitting, at a table, playing at the world of make-believe. So sad.

Deception is the foundation of strategy, and my suspicion is that this hire was done under a charade. It doesn't matter if I'm right or wrong though. What’s done is done. This woman WILL make some interesting stuff, and I'm super curious to see it. Also, women can do whatever they want. If they want to call out groups that try to ostracize them, they should do it. They certainly don't need ‘he-who-would-be-king’ to come in, and pretend he can make the bad men go away with witty words on the internet. Many will like it, however, and isn’t that what it’s really all about? Too many of my fellow nerds want to be liked by women. To them it’s the ultimate rpg.

I like the cut of your jib, fellow.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
And here I was thinking it was just a cool thing, her getting hired. Little did I know that such an insignificant event as someone getting a job could make so many people froth at the mouth.

One Shot

First Post
Just seeing this.

Mike Mearls is the senior manager for the D&D research and design team. If he advises some sexist D&D "fans" and self-appointed gatekeepers to look for other game systems, he can only do so with the approval of WotC management. No second-guessing is needed here.

Biased gatekeeping can ruin communities and products - and WotC assumes the stewardship of both for D&D. If the senior manager for the D&D research and design team disavows certain "fans", this matters. WotC not following up on this later would also matter.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm a little surprised it wasn't locked as well.
I wonder how long we can make this thread without having it lock?

Perhaps we can discuss creating a new subclass of arcane pact in which the patron gives his thrall control over textiles.

Yes...the Threadlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads