• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mecha Crusade: Mars Attacks!

Jarval

Explorer
OOC: Sorry about the lack of an update. Last minute Christmas shopping and a night out for LotR conspiring against me :) I'll post an update tomorrow morning.

Jarval

Explorer
Mitchifer said:
"General Brooker, in the briefing you mentioned something about underground defenses. Do we know the entrances to these underground defenses?"

"The stars on the map show the entrances to the Earth C&C facilities. These bunkers are heavily defended by both automated defences and a significant number of troops. Either you can destroy these bases with M-2 MINEs, or take out the anti-aircraft emplacements, to allow our aircraft in close."

Mirth

Explorer
"Sir, if I may," Lucas looks to Capt. Fuchs before continuing, "it seems to me that one course of action could be to send Lt. Jamison's flight to the water and life-support systems in the upper left corner of the map as a distraction."

"While the enemy engages with them in the air there, well out of their anti-aircraft defense range I might add, then you could bring The Swarm against the least protected entrance of their Command & Control - the left-hand star on the map here," Sgt. Grainger indicates with a pointer, "Once we have succeeded at a ground assault there, then Lt. Jamison's flight could break off and join us in a full-scale attack on the enemy's C&C."

Trip Jamison

"I don't know, seems to me we might be better served with a slightly more covert approach. Would it be possible for a couple of us to sneak into the C&C's and plant explosives? Then in the confusion, the rest of the team could move in on foot and hit the anti-aircraft armaments."

garyh

First Post
"Perhaps the Swarm could focus on the anti-air defenses, and the other unit could do the sneaking," Zhang offered. "The AA is more likely to require massive firepower."

Jarval

Explorer
"Either approach could work. We can drop you in at one of two points." As the General speaks, two lights briefly flash on the map, one six squares in from the left on the top row (one square to the right of the road), the other four squares down from the top right corner.

"These drop points are the least likely to be detected. These are also the safest extraction points, should the mission fail. We won't be able to get you out elsewhere if the air defences are still active."

Mitchifer

First Post
After hearing the others speak, Ulric thinks long and hard on their suggestions, and then makes one of his own.

"I think the best approach would be to attack the AA guns. Each flight could deploy at each of the aforementioned drop points and attack the guns from the north and the east. And, if the battle does go badly, we could move westward to take out the nearby H2O facility in a strategic retreat."

After saying this, he thinks for a moment, and then says:

"Or, if you prefer, Lt Jamison, your flight could be used to strike an available target, H2O tank or C&C, and provide the distraction as you mentioned earlier. My only concern is that you could be overwhelmed if things get too hot. Perhaps a contingency plan is in order..."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads