D&D General Mechanical differences between AD&D and Basic?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Don't forget that Basic D&D had rules for not only becoming an Immortal (i.e. a god), but also playing as one.

You missed a word in your post.

Don't forget that Basic D&D had TERRIBLE rules for not only becoming an Immortal (i.e. a god), but also playing as one.

I mean, in the annals of D&D history, the only thing worse than the Immortal rules was ... hmmm... The Complete Bard's Handbook.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten

Don't forget that Basic D&D had TERRIBLE rules for not only becoming an Immortal (i.e. a god), but also playing as one.

I mean, in the annals of D&D history, the only thing worse than the Immortal rules was ... hmmm... The Complete Bard's Handbook.
Well, I'm more of a fan of The Primal Order (affiliate link) myself - I tracked down a copy of the first printing, as that has the D&D-specific capstone rules - but I've always wanted to try playing a BECMI/RC game all the way up to Immortality...mostly so I could then take on that challenge of going back to being a 1st-level mortal and doing it all over again so that you could ascend beyond Immortality.

But for some reason, I can't seem to get my local group interested in that. 🤷‍♂️

Ok, with the last sentence you discredited yourself as a reilable source...

The complete bard's handbook was actually the only complete book which deserved its name. Also those kits were real subclasses, not a useless bonus here and there... But back to topic:

The wors book I glimpsed at was the epic level handbook of 3.0.
I see a pattern here.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Ok, with the last sentence you discredited yourself as a reilable source...

The complete bard's handbook was actually the only complete book which deserved its name. Also those kits were real subclasses, not a useless bonus here and there... But back to topic:

The only way that the Complete Bard's Handbook could have been useful is if it had been a cookbook.

I am quite sure that the worst problem most people have in D&D are the unused portions of the bards they kill.

Sithlord

Adventurer

Heck no. Are U crazy. The immortals rules were far worse than the bards handbook. And I recommend cyborg commando over the bards handbook.

Remove ads