Mechwarrior with Heroscape Terrain

Wystan

Explorer
Ok,

Does the Heroscape terrain fit the new mechs from Wizkids, I would assume it fits the older plastic mechs and makes for an infinately custom board.

Any experience?

mearls

Hero
I believe it does. Heroscape minis are a bit larger than "heroic scale" 28mm, and I think that makes them about the same size or slightly larger than standard BattleTech hex.

frankthedm

First Post
It will fit the ral Partha old mechs very well. The plastic wizkids mechs are unfortunatly on 2 inch round bases, slightly bigger that each heroscape hex.

TBH, the Heroscape terrain is VERY similar to a interlocking hex terrain that came out years ago, specificly for B-Tech.

JDragon

Explorer
I have been using HeroScape terrain for the last few months when playing B-Tech, and I love it. Its drastically better than the 3d terrain I had made out of pizza boxes back in high school.

I'm actually using the MechWarrior minis, but I have removed them from the clix base and based them on hexes. I bought them for specifically this purpose, I never really liked the clix version of the game or the story line to go with it. Specifically the marker hexes that came with HeroScape.

I just removed the sticker and painted them black.

The scale is not perfect but I'm happy with it and its much better than a paper map. One thing I do is use two layers of HeroScape terrain to equal 1 level in B-Tech.

I currently have 6 master sets of HeroScape terrain I'm using plus 2 sets of the forgotten road / bridge sets.

I have painted some of the water hexes light green and others dark green to use for forest. They are flat but were the best thing I could come up with that still allowed a mech in the hex.

So far we have only done mech vs mech games, but I hope to add vehicles with in the next few games we play.

JD

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
And don't forget the fact that some of the WizKidz minis are pretty darn large...I just picked up a Poseidon.

Definitely bigger than a Heroscape hex.

Remove ads