Medusa & Mind Flayer "couple" - where is it?

Zarnam

First Post
Hmmm....I vaguely recall seeing this somewhere...yet I can't pinpoint the right product

Victorysaber, are you certain the Flayer was of female gender and had vile feats (this is the greatest limitation as to the source) ??

Where I would look - Dungeon/Dragon Magazines mostly, maybe Paizo boards... ??

rbingham2000

Explorer
The Cancer Mage and Vermin Lord would indeed be the reference in question. The bit about them that especially stuck out in my mind was that the half-orc's fondest wish was to be turned to stone by the gaze of his medusa lover. Don't know about the rest of you, but that is messed up.

Agent Oracle

First Post
Damn it, now this thread has me plotting a classed Medusa / Illithid as a BBEG dynamic duo. With strong suggestions...

The Medusa is a deviant with a tentacle fetish, and the illithid loves her for her brain!

(which the mind flayer can't get to because the snakes keep biting!)

Oooh yeah, when the PC's first encouter her, she throws down "Evard's Black tentacles", makes a suggestive comment, and then escapes with her Honey-squid.

phindar

First Post
I just can't wrap my brain around a medusa and a mind flayer. A medusa and a yuan-ti, natch. A mind flayer and an aboleth... well that's a little weird but I can still see it. But a medusa and a mind flayer? Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I don't get it. It's a little like putting the salt and sugar in the same jar...

Sejs

First Post
victorysaber said:
I swear I read about a pair of lesbians, a medusa & mind flayer couple,

... but ... mind flayers ... ceremorphosis ... they're not even sexual creatures, damnit!

It'd like saying a pair of lesbians, a medusa and an earth elemental. Or a medusa and a half-celestial gelatinous cube.

Zarnam

First Post
Dang it !! :(

Someone...anyone...find them !!

They really exist (or at least something VERY close, yet not that duo from BoVD)

thedungeondelver said:

There's an illo of two succubi caught in flagrante delicto by a paladin in the BOOK OF EXALTED DEEDS - has a pretty silly caption, too, something to the effect of "A paladin must choose between destroying evil and honoring love."
That caption gets my vote for the stupidest phrase in all of 3.x D&D.

phindar

First Post
Would the caption have been better phrased, "The paladin must choose between destroying evil and honoring hot, wet slippery [expletive] in the [expletive]"? Because I could see that going either way.

ANYway, if mind flayers are asexual, I'm not sure they can be lesbians. I'm not sure what the term would be, but it would probably just be something like "friend". (Though if anyone could claim to love someone solely for their mind, it would be an illithid.) That's not to say that mind flayers can't be both sensual and depraved, just not gender-specific.

Remove ads