[MEG-AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep---Exposed!

MEG Hal

First Post
Re: What worries me is...

JoeGKushner said:
"To take you from lvl 1-5 in the Diamond Throne Setting, compatable with most d20 settings as well.
Theme Boxes, tweaked for AU special setting, new creatures, items, feats and more...."

Compatable with most d20 settings makes me a little nervous. I guess the main question is, does this book require the Arcana book from Malhavoc Publishing or is it a self complete work?

Sounds pretty sweet though.

With tweaking you will not need AU BUT it is made for AU so to use it as is, and understand all of the cool extras you will need AU. It is different and the stat blocks will show you that, but if the adventure was something you wanted to run a 3e campaign through, Monte will have suggestions on how to "convert" any differences. I have read the book and my suggestion will be use it with AU, cause AU is soooooo cool!

Mystic Eye

First Post
Re: Re: What worries me is...

MEG Hal said:

With tweaking you will not need AU BUT it is made for AU so to use it as is, and understand all of the cool extras you will need AU. It is different and the stat blocks will show you that, but if the adventure was something you wanted to run a 3e campaign through, Monte will have suggestions on how to "convert" any differences. I have read the book and my suggestion will be use it with AU, cause AU is soooooo cool!

I am going add to what Hal said to clarify a bit further. Because of the amazingly unique qualities of AU, it will be a bit harder to simply transfer the adventure to, lets say, Forgotten Realms.
Monte has some fantastic new rules that play into the rich history and cultures he has developed and we took full advtantage of all that history and rules development to make "Siege" an immersive book that will seriously get you into the setting for those starting up campaigns.

Like our large DS books such as Raw Recruits, we are creating as much background detail as makes sense and we used the "interulude" parts to really explore some of the very uniques aspects of the AU/ Diamond Throne setting.

As a side note, we worked closely with Fiery Dragon as well and I think people will be really pleased with how we have taken from what FD is doing as well so the two books are cohesive. I love these colaborative efforts. It really demonstrates the true power of the OGL and its flexibility, allowing publishers to work so closely together and still feel as if we are not really competing for the same dollar but rather enhancing a product to bring more gamers to what we are all creating together.

Last edited:

SJ

Explorer
Cool. Thanks Hal and Doug for the teaser posts!

SoEK will be released at GenCon along with the UA book?

This GenCon is gonna take *so* much of my $$$$.

SJ

MEG Hal

First Post
2WS-Steve said:
Awesome cover Hal; this looks like a fun book.

And that is only 3/4's of it...we have it like the AU core books so the art wraps around the back!!!! It is an awesome piece and Jason should be proud!

MEG Hal

First Post
SJ said:
Cool. Thanks Hal and Doug for the teaser posts!

SoEK will be released at GenCon along with the UA book?

This GenCon is gonna take *so* much of my $$$$.

SJ

Yes this book wil be released July 2003, and will be at GenCon with the Core book!

Look forward to meeting you SJ.

Mystic Eye

First Post
MEG Hal said:

Yes this book wil be released July 2003, and will be at GenCon with the Core book!

I am looking forward to Gen Con this year and meeting folks. We have some great products that will be released at Gen Con!!!

MEG Hal said:

I hope you're bring plenty of copy's! I'm sure everyone's going to be snaching this up with the core book.

MEG Hal said:

I hope you're bringing plenty of copy's! I'm sure everyone's going to be snaching this up with the core book.

Mystic Eye

First Post
Sir Osis of Liver said:

I hope you're bringing plenty of copy's! I'm sure everyone's going to be snaching this up with the core book.

I hope we bring enough too. Our plan is to bring a few hundred copies.

MEG Hal

First Post
Sir Osis of Liver said:

I think we will be fine, as Doug posted we will "be prepared" worse case we sell 'em and ship them after GenCon. Our goal is to have enough for the entire con, but prove us wrong :D , please!

Remove ads