• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mellubb's "Vecna's Revenge" ICC

Eydis

First Post
"Guys, one of the smoke pillars has stopped smoking. That means that someone has picked up the rock, like we did. Should we try to circle around the area?" Kaylin pulls out her x-bow, looking a bit nervous.

Jemal

Adventurer
Ragnor seems to not take much notice of the heavy rock slung over his shoulder, taking it in stride as he adresses Kaylin "It may be the elves, or it may be something more sinister. I say we move there quickly and discover which is the case. How far?"

Mellubb

First Post
[Sblock=Kaylin] You guestimate about 3 miles to the pillar that went out. There is about a 4-5 mile gap between pillars. [/Sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Vanta

"Yes we should hurry. Hopefully that goblin we saw back there didn't send it's friends ahead." Vanta shoulders past a tree branch, sending it whipping back behind him.

Eydis

First Post
"Well, I think that we still have about three more miles until we reach that area. But I think that we might start crossing paths with the elves really soon. I haven't seen anything in the trees yet, but from what Uncle Alan told us we should be in elven territory any moment if we aren't already."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Leigh Phelan - Cleric 1, Hp: 10/10

"Well, hopefully they don't have a shoot first-ask questions later mentality..." Leigh says as she wipes the sweat from her brow.

"You all have it easy -- you aren't sweating your rear end off in heavy armor."

She looks to the sky, through the trees, and intones under her breath,"Pelor, your golden might is supreme and I relish the warmth you provide, but do you have to be SO HOT???"

She goes back to scanning the woods as they trudge along, her hand holding her morningstar tightly, waiting for something to happen.

Mellubb

First Post
The group continues along talking and enjoying the beauty of nature. Then as the woods begin to thicken a figure begins to approach coming from the trail in front of you. It appears to be about 300 ft away at the moment and you are all unable to make out anything more than a silhouette covered in earth toned colors.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Vanta

Vanta raises his hand in greeting, showing at the same time that he is weaponless. "We mean no harm to you or your lands, we merely are here to investigate the black rocks that fell from the sky."

Theocrat

First Post
Cha 15: Using my Diplomacy Skill d20 +3 and Knowledge Local History +3 to enhance Vanta's speaking if possible.
I am unsure if others can understand Celestial or not in our party, but I will speak in Celestial, not over Vanta, but more like I'm talking to one of the other party members.
[sblock=celestial]
"We are peaceful, we respect the forest and tread lightly on trails and paths."
[/sblock]
However, if the figure seems to be hostile or unpleasant, I do have my spear out.

Mellubb

First Post
The figure approaches. As it gets within 100 feet you recognize it to be an elf. He has long blonde hair tied back in a single tail. He is wearing brown leather armor and a dark green cloak closed around his torso. As he nears the group about 30 ft away he stops smiles and says "Hello, You have journeyed too far this way. You must turn around now. I do not mean to sound rude but, it has been a busy mornig for us and we have much work to do."

Remove ads