• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mellubb's "Vecna's Revenge" ICC

EvolutionKB

First Post
Vanta

Vanta nods and calls out, "Very well, but can you tell us if you investigated the black rock that fell from the sky? Do you know anything about it." Vanta then turns to look at his cousin's after the elf answers, "Let's get out of here everybody, they won't let us pass," he looks nervously at the woods around them, "there are probably more watching us right now anyway too."

Jemal

Adventurer
"hold, Cousin. The Elves are smart and wise and experienced, perhaps they can aid us in our search.." Ragnor steps forward and sets the bag down. "This is one of those rocks that was smoking. It stopped when we moved it. I do not suppose you would be willing to take a look at it and perhaps we can be of some assistance to one another? Surely it is in all of our best interests to discover what is going on here!"

s@squ@tch

First Post
Leigh Phelan - Cleric 1, Hp: 10/10

Leigh turns towards the others while Ragnor speaks with the elf.

"I think Ragnor is right, this elf says they have been very busy this morning -- we need to find out if it is because of the rocks. We also can't afford to be turned away, we need to find out what is going on here."

"Jarrod - get up there and help him out -- Ragnor isn't exactly the best diplomat..."

Mellubb

First Post
"There is no need to fear, friends. I know who you are and I can guess why you've come. I believe you meant to say green rocks. And yes we have been collecting them most of the morning. We do not need another sample. Nor will we give you any of ours. We do not know by what plan they were sent here, but we have much to learn. I am sure Thaivor and Megan are waiting for you to bring the sample you have home. Now go you have no business here." The elf says "Do tell Alan Lengren says hello"

Eydis

First Post
Kaylin mumbles under her breath, "nice going guys. I told you this was a bad idea." Then more loudly, "all right, you heard the guy, let's get going." (hoping that there will be no further confrontation)

s@squ@tch

First Post
Leigh Phelan - Cleric 1, Hp: 10/10

Leigh is somewhat shocked at the elves words. She wasn't quite expecting a welcome wagon and an invitiation to tour their city, but the short nature of the conversation rang somewhat anti-climactic.

She looks around at her cousins, looking from one face to another, trying to read their minds by their expressions.

After looking at all of them in turn, she turns towards Jarrod and quietly says through her teeth, "Jarrod, GET up there - we need more of a lead than this - tell him some stories, make him your friend. We need to figure out more of what is going on with these rocks."

Theocrat

First Post
Kasis Rayg

Hi all -
This is very anti-climatic. I realize that an online campaign by post is rather long and the action will be very sporatic. But this is not what I had hoped. Kasis will return with the rest of you to the town (meaning I'll stay and post for the wedding) after which he'll be going about a new Path. Unfortunetly up to this point, my background itself has more thrilling detail. We argued to move forward, hoping for an encounter. We know that we cannot take on a band of Olves, and there is no point in ticking them off with having Jarrod climb up a tree (one that they're likely up anyway).
Obviously, this Olve knows our parents and is using that as a basis for - "hey, I know you, I'm like your god parents, now get out of here, you're 1st level and can't handle this." Although he did say green rocks and we picked up a black rock (or so I understood it).

I do not wish to create or cause interparty conflict or animosity within the group. I am just not picking up the excitement that is missing from my boring marketing job.

Until the wedding,
Kasis Rayg

s@squ@tch

First Post
Leigh Phelan, Cleric 1 - Hp: 10/10

Leigh looks over the group of her cousins with a pensive look.

"I've changed my mind. We're not really sure of what we are doing out here, so lets go back to the village and show them the rock and see if they have any further ideas," Leigh says.

"For all we know, this could turn out to be nothing in Pelor's grand scheme of things."

Remove ads