• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Memories of a dead God

Corbert

Explorer
Ok people, I need help. This coming Sunday my players will be reaching the corpse of a dead god floating on the astral plane, expecting to resurrect him ;) . The god saw his end and prepared for it, creating some small spike shaped gems and placing a bit of his essence in them so anyone could resurrect him using one of the gems.

However, resurrecting the god is just a prelude to resurrecting a dead PC. The PC faced and was killed by an Aleax, BOED p. 158. The PC then faced Hextor and his soul was destroyed :eek: .

Now, bringing a soul back that was utterly destroyed seems more than a little beyond the power of a true resurrection spell. So I figure using the gem with a bit of deific essence to it would be suitable to help power up a true resurrection spell so the dead PC can actually return.

What the god didn’t see was a bunch of devils taking solidified gods blood from another dead god, shaping it into mining tools and using him as a resource :lol: . What are they doing with the solidified god flesh? Who knows, not really important to the story right now, but you can be sure its something evil :] . I’ll probably come up with something later. So, for all his careful planning the god cannot be resurrected. The group will find this out when they get to the god. It will be obvious from the vast areas of missing deity that this god isn't coming back any time soon. What they will find when they reach the gods head is a vast protected library filled with thousands of scrolls. Each one contains the discreet memory of the god. The god is Delleb, out of Complete Divine p.122. Lesser god (LG) …cares only for the accumulation of knowledge in books. Portfolio: Written lore, Study. Domains: Good, Knowledge, Law, Magic.

When a PC opens a scroll expecting to see text, what will actually happen is the PC will experience the memory from the gods’ perspective. Unfortunately, the creative well has been a little dry in that direction, so I need help. What I need are memories a god may have experienced. Sights of: his clerics performing spells, planer locations only a deity has access to... What can you come up with?

Hand of Horus

First Post
Corbert said:
What are they doing with the solidified god flesh?

Maybe their lord is trying to use it for apotheosis?

Corbert said:
When a PC opens a scroll expecting to see text, what will actually happen is the PC will experience the memory from the gods’ perspective. Unfortunately, the creative well has been a little dry in that direction, so I need help. What I need are memories a god may have experienced. Sights of: his clerics performing spells, planer locations only a deity has access to... What can you come up with?

Him watching from a cosmic view, tiny flashes of light coming into being and fading as books are penned and destroyed.

Him sending servants to attend the birth or death of a legendary author, scribe, et cetera.

Him trying to pen the ultimate book.

How he died.

=)

Land Outcast

Explorer
What can you come up with?

The vision of a book over which a quill is writting and the pages are running out.

A glimpse of an infernal pact hold by Asmodeus himself.

A Celestial being sucked into a book of binding and summoning.

Matrix-like character streams, each stream a different alphabet.

A record of a thief in the library.

A book containing a catalog of all books.

Sigurd

First Post
Screaming agony, as their little comprehensions are force fed the planar awareness of a god and his personal memories.

Unfortunately somewhere in those memories is a link to a time before the god was despoiled. If they can go back there they might yet revive Corpso Deitatus :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads