Meowth forfeits to Sabaron.

Wicht

Hero
Well, Sabaron, I am not sure what you think I can do :p

Meowth forfieted so its a lost fight for the plush one and a technical win for Sabaron's knight Sabaron

As to having the judge generate moves - there is nothing wrong with this in a strategy fight (I've done it twice with LHH) but both players should agree to it before the judge does it (slap on the wrist for the judge;))

If Reiella changes her mind then she should be allowed to have the strategy match fought normally otherwise she loses the match

Vanor

First Post
Wicht, I don't want to sound like I'm questioning you... But if the fighter who would gain the most by a forfit, agree's to simply scrap the match, especialy one with a misstart, shouldn't they have that option?

I would be different IMO, if Reiella asked for a forfit without suffering the loss.

If that's how you want things to work, I don't have a problem with it... Just would like to know if that's offical or not... There have been cases in the past, where a forfit did not count as a loss, or at least I think there were :)

Sabaron

First Post
Just clarify things. This got rather chaotic and there's no way to solve problems like having the Grandmaster show up. Thank you also Berandor and Vanor.

How long does Meowth have to respond before a forfeit is declared? If no one says anything I'll presume that it's the usual 24 hours.

[edit: Simulpost with Vanor. I'll let this get worked out first. :)]

Last edited:

Jin Chi

First Post
Gon Shi looks at the chaos around him and sighs.

"Oh dear. My first match and what a mess I've made. It seemed so simple on paper."

Sabaron

First Post
Not your fault... sorry Jin. :( Perhaps your next match will go better? :) I had one like this once; Corix vs. Varius. Corix "drew" a move that the generator couldn't do (that also happened to be the perfect counter to Varius' move), and the whole match was shut down for two weeks or so. Corix was never officially censured for that, but...

That wasn't fun to judge, either. ;)

Rathan

First Post
sorry about that corix thing sabaron...I think I fugred out what happned tho...I was cutting and pasting moves to use in our fight ....and I mixed two of them up....... I never was told if I was getting in troble for that...I just know my character dies because of it.....I'm not mad..and I guess alls well that ends well and you won the match so..... more power to you..... again sorry about that...*S*

Wicht

Hero
Vanor said:
If that's how you want things to work, I don't have a problem with it... Just would like to know if that's offical or not... There have been cases in the past, where a forfit did not count as a loss, or at least I think there were :)

Its officially in the rules that once a judge declares the time and place the match is official and someone has to win or lose.

It seems better to leave it that way to discourage people from being rather loose with who they will fight and when. If you accept a challenge you should see it through. In this case the problem is easily resolved. Reiella lost the insults and thus plays a strategy. She did not agree to the judge drawing the moves before hand and thus should be allowed to draw her own. But if she wants to forfeit thats her decision.

reiella

Explorer
Meowth forfeited and adjusted the registration as appropiate I believe, it may be a two rank lose however for him becuase of being Yakuza, but I think that is only when fighting another Yakuza.

I do not like the condition of a situation of moving the actual generation of moves away from the players. Especially not by consensus.

Meowth does continue to forfeit this match, and also hence has retired.

[ Simply put, I dislike that the turn of the game, and moving generation out of the realm of control of the player is a bit too much for my tastes. ]

Last edited:

Sabaron

First Post
Wicht: So, does she have 24 hours to respond or is it over now?

Rathan: Nothing against you... that was just an unfun judging experience. Not trying to bring it up again... :) Also, I didn't "win" the match, since I was the judge. ;) I deliberately left that it was you out, actually, since that was a while ago.

[edit: Well, I guess that's settled]

Last edited:

Jin Chi

First Post
Not sure why that was such a problem. Especially given that Meowth had good moves and won the first point.

I guess I'm not ready for promotion to Master Judge.

Sorry 'bout that.

Remove ads