Meowth forfeits to Sabaron.

Wicht

Hero
reiella said:
[ Simply put, I dislike that the turn of the game, and moving generation out of the realm of control of the player is a bit too much for my tastes. ]

But we did not do that - I said, I believe, that you are free to generate your own hand as you had not agreed to it before hand.

And its only a 1 rank loss for what thats worth :)

No, but you might get Journeyman if you do the promotions right. You aren't done yet. :)

Yep, finish the job Jin Chi ;)

graydoom

First Post
Wicht, since the issue has come up, I have some things I'd like to say.
First, the fighters themselves should be always be allowed be generate their own moves. It just takes something away to have the judge generate them all.
Second, I strongly think that match style should not be decidable by whoever wins the insults. Match style should be agreed to, with the match defaulting to a standard match is no other agreement on style is reached.

Jin Chi

First Post
Gon Shi watches the fight dissolve with dismay.

"Was it something I said??"

When all is said and done, Sabaron is left standing in front of him, a look of anticipation on his face.

"Why are you still here? Shouldn't you be off pounding on someone?"

Gon Shi reviews his scroll of rules.

"Oh. Yes. I'm supposed to do something."

He reads some more.

"You are a white belt, yes? Okay....."

He continues to read down his scroll.

"Okay, I think I have this straight now. Congratulations 'insert winners name here.' You have defeated your opponent and are ready for a promotion."

Gon Shi does some math.

"You have defeated a second tier warrior and as such deserve to go up two ranks. Do you have a path in mind?"

graydoom said:
Wicht, since the issue has come up, I have some things I'd like to say.
First, the fighters themselves should be always be allowed be generate their own moves. It just takes something away to have the judge generate them all.
Second, I strongly think that match style should not be decidable by whoever wins the insults. Match style should be agreed to, with the match defaulting to a standard match is no other agreement on style is reached.
Sorry to hijack this thread. Perhaps Darkness could split the thread?

I agree that the winner of the insult round can set the length of the match and whether it should be a speed match or not. Whether the fight should be style or not, strategy or not, or, indeed, a strategy match with judge-generated moves should be agreed upon by the fighters before the match.

I know I'll personally keep judge-generated moves as a precondition to my fights until a fishing-proof generator is ready. It doesn't work well with standard matches, but it works fine with strategy matches and it removes any fear or suspicion of cheating... something I'm afraid we have seen a few examples of, IMHO.

Jin Chi

First Post
Gon Shi looks surprised at Sabaron's answer.

"The Path of Light? Oh, very good. Yes, we need more like you around."

Gon Shi refers back to his documentation.

"Let see the promotion to Blue Belt 1 qualifies you for the following: Pure Spirit, Holy Warrior, Holy Day, and Signature Style. And for your Signature Style you receive the Scorpion. Very fearsome indeed."

"Congratulations Sabaron. Again, my apologies for the confusion."

[did I miss anything?]

Sabaron

First Post
"Thank you, honored judge." Sabaron bows and walks away.

ooc: You forgot Meowth, although under the circumstances I can see why, as he's retired.

Sorry about all of this, Meowth. :(

Wicht

Hero
Yuck! I dislike messes like this...

however... Jin Chi - your promotions was done right and I had more fun reading your judging descriptions than I have had reading judges descriptions in a while. This was not your fault and keep up the good work. There's nothing like a trial by fire ;) One more judged fight and you will likely find yourself with a shiny VR Journeyman's judge badge :)

As for the other matter

:eek:
There is no problem with a judge generating the moves provided both players agree to it. If the players don't agree to it it doesn't happen. Simple enough.

Winning the insults should give slight preference to the style of matches as well, though again both players should be comfortable with it. I think for the most part the players I have seen are pretty comfortable with any of the styles, lengths, etc. If a player is not comfortable with a certain style of match, they should say so when they are in the challenge stage.

This fight did not have to be handled the way it was. Both Sabaron and Jin Chi would have worked with Reiella IMO if she had stuck with it and she would have ended up generating her own moves as she desired.

And finally, congragulations Sabaron on your new role as a protector of light, truth and general sachirine goodness :D

MidKnight

First Post
OOC: This was interesting...

IC: "Warrior of Light??? HA! I defeated you before and the next time we fight - only one shall walk away...

...but that time is not today. Prepare yourself defender of good. I will come for you."

Remove ads