Mercenary Adventures of the B-Team (closed group)

whardell

Explorer
GM: does anyone speak either goblin or orcish?

and i bet Ches is just LOVING this place already! LOL

OOC: Now is probably a good time to sort out who speaks what

Mal = elven

Mal grabs a bottle (half empty) of dopple(ganger) bock and sips it with a smirk. (Drow do smirks like nobody's business.

trolled

First Post
Ches is as successful at hiding her disgust as these "patrons" are at bathing and proper hygiene. With noticeable contempt, she says,"Frankly, I'm surprised these savages haven't wiped themselves out yet. I wish I could burn this place to the dirt, then burn the dirt." She pushes the swill served in a pottery bowl away.

Ches looks around for other non-orcs. [Perception]
She also digs around for fragments of history about Bloomton and Stump. [History x2]

OOC: Ches speaks Draconic.

Blutspitze

Explorer
Fal looks around briefly, debating going up to Stump directly. Making sure to keep his head high and axe at hand, he decides to simply follow the party and gladly takes the drink offered him by Hatchet. This was his type of setting, nothing better than a nice, nasty bar in which to do business. Raising the glass to Hatchet, Fal chugs it (Endurance to ensure awesome chugging ability). Seeing Ches push hers away, Fal takes it as well.

Looking to Ches - Bit insulting not to take the man's offer, isn't it love?

Looking back to Hatchet - So, Hatchet, what can you tell us about Stump? And for that matter, what about those Hobgoblins? You know anything about them other than the fact that they're guards?

Fal once again looks around the room, eyeing for anyone that may be trouble. Carsys was beginning to get a bit antsy.

OOC: I speak Whale and Dwarven

whardell

Explorer
OOC: can i request you use a color that is brighter than dark blue... My crappy eyes have a bit of trouble with it.

*edit, looks like i just needed to turn my brightness up. Still though, one shade brighter would be appreciated.

larryfinnjr

First Post
OOC: can i request you use a color that is brighter than dark blue... My crappy eyes have a bit of trouble with it.

*edit, looks like i just needed to turn my brightness up. Still though, one shade brighter would be appreciated.

GM: I unfortunately agree. I love that color, it's just hard on the eyes, and my eyes are awesome...

Also - any chance you'd be OK with calling your character "Falk" instead of "Fal"? I just can't get my head around Mal and Fal running around together...... :)

Substantive replies to follow...

larryfinnjr

First Post
After a delay... a long delay... Hatchet is able to proffer the following to the barman:
-1 gold piece
-26 silver pieces
-19 copper pieces
-and an exquisite, golden gilded, polished lady's hand mirror.

The barman, expectedly, is unimpressed. Obviously embarrassed, Hatchet eyes the group. "Er... well then, seems my pockets aren't deep enough for the high-quality drink service at this fine establishment... Anyone able to lend a hand?"

larryfinnjr

First Post
Fal looks around briefly, debating going up to Stump directly. Making sure to keep his head high and axe at hand, he decides to simply follow the party and gladly takes the drink offered him by Hatchet. This was his type of setting, nothing better than a nice, nasty bar in which to do business. Raising the glass to Hatchet, Fal chugs it (Endurance to ensure awesome chugging ability). Seeing Ches push hers away, Fal takes it as well.

Looking to Ches - Bit insulting not to take the man's offer, isn't it love?

Looking back to Hatchet - So, Hatchet, what can you tell us about Stump? And for that matter, what about those Hobgoblins? You know anything about them other than the fact that they're guards?

Fal once again looks around the room, eyeing for anyone that may be trouble. Carsys was beginning to get a bit antsy.

Ches said:
Ches looks around for other non-orcs. [Perception]
She also digs around for fragments of history about Bloomton and Stump. [History x2]

GM: tried one shade of blue lighter - looks good! Warren?

Summary upshot of what you get:
- The Hungry Orc current clientle is nearly all orc, save Stump (goblin), his 2 obvious hobgoblin bodyguards, and what scuttlebutt says is a human "ranger from the north", smoking a pipe with a hood over his head, eyeing your party occassionally.
- Stump himself is not linked to the Had’rak (Bloody Heart in King's Tongue). Word has it he struck a deal with them to work out of their territory after they sacked Stackleton a few kilometers up the road about six weeks ago. He's rumored to have several other locations and hidden munitions dumps throughout the savage lands with similar deals amongst other orc and hobgoblin tribes.
- There have been several rumours as to how Stump has been able to make such deals with these various orc tribes, leading many to believe that he is funded by a powerful crime lord within one of the major cities of the land. If this is true, then Stump is nothing more than an errand boy for a much bigger fish.
- Bloomten itself is nothing more than a (now former) blip on a map. It was mostly a pastoral town; once the Had'rak leave, it'll be nothing more than a small ruin.

Last edited:

whardell

Explorer
GM: tried one shade of blue lighter - looks good! Warren?

OOC: Yep. one shade is perfect.

Mal rolls his eyes (another gift amongst the dark elves) "If that was intended as a pun mate, it was a bit low. I suppose I'll put down two pieces. Bar Man, care to make a wager?

I will challenge any orc in this place to one on one combat, if I win, we drink free. If the orc wins, we pay 15 gold for this round.

larryfinnjr

First Post
"If that was intended as a pun mate, it was a bit low. I suppose I'll put down two pieces. Bar Man, care to make a wager?

I will challenge any orc in this place to one on one combat, if I win, we drink free. If the orc wins, we pay 15 gold for this round.

"NO FIGH'IN', elf. You mess th' bar, I mess yar face, eh? You wants a fight, take it out thar," he says, pointing back out the front door.

With that, the barman swipes Mal's 2 gold and Hatchet's single gold piece. "An' 20 silver for the broke bot'le yer machinehead is chewin'." Grudgingly, Hatchet turns over the coin and the barman shuffles off. Though he's forbidden outright fighting in the bar itself, it seems Mal's challenge hasn't completely fallen on deaf ears. A number of cretins and oafs seem to be discussing the boast, but no one seems bold enough to do anything about it.

Knocking back a generous swig from his mug. "Sorry 'bout stickin' ya with most of the bill, bud. I'll try to make it up to you sometime." Knocking back the rest of his drink, he stands up. "Well, I have business and I don't wanna keep you from yours. Good luck." And (unless he's interrupted by you), he turns and leaves the bar.

GM: I have more, but I'll hold there in case there's anything from the party before I continue.

Remove ads