D&D 5E Merlin and Arthur or Batman and zatana

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
I mean it's entirely possible that it's the person's experience that nobody wants to play a caster, within their circle of friends. I just went looking for statistics to say something about D&D players in aggregate. But if nobody near you wants to play a caster, that's a different story, and may require adjustments to your personal game.

I mean it's entirely possible that it's the person's experience that nobody wants to play a caster, within their circle of friends. I just went looking for statistics to say something about D&D players in aggregate. But if nobody near you wants to play a caster, that's a different story, and may require adjustments to your personal game.
my group would like to meet the players that regularly play non casters... in order for us to do it we ALL have to agree to do it,

Deadstop

Explorer
It's cynical and dark where superman has lost his moral path ... yes it is wrong. I think the point was in fact how easy it could be for that to really happen and we see that failure in many many alternative superman storylines.
It still manages to have "Millions die by fire if I am weak" (thought by Superman while tanking a nuclear missile, an act that, it is implied, might actually kill him and almost does). Miller definitely treats Superman poorly for much of TDKR, but that bit shows he has at least some inkling of what the character is about.

And I have to agree with others that the weird idea that the Joker is right when it comes to Superman -- that "one bad day" or one tragic incident will turn him into either an obedient lackey of The Man or a self-proclaimed dictator -- is itself a radical misunderstanding of the character, albeit one that has generated more than one interesting alternate continuity.

And I have to agree with others that the weird idea that the Joker is right when it comes to Superman -- that "one bad day" or one tragic incident will turn him into either an obedient lackey of The Man or a self-proclaimed dictator -- is itself a radical misunderstanding of the character, albeit one that has generated more than one interesting alternate continuity.
it isn't 1 bad day, it is the loss of everything that holds him to earth.

In Emperor Joker superman is able to 'tank' the mental strain that broke batman by simmply going home and *Ahem*ing lois. Joker broke bruce, but taking those memories doesn't break superman as long as he has someone to love him and anchor him...

now I have A LOT of issues with the alt world of Injustice, but in general it makes superman weaker and doesn't take the last step I think it needs to, his parents should have been in metropolis to congratulate lois and he.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
It still manages to have "Millions die by fire if I am weak" (thought by Superman while tanking a nuclear missile, an act that, it is implied, might actually kill him and almost does). Miller definitely treats Superman poorly for much of TDKR, but that bit shows he has at least some inkling of what the character is about.

Captain America has the same/similar moral fiber foundations, servant to humanity, concept going on... and sometimes he has been awfully close to the obedient lacky of "the man", but that was actively declared a mistake by later writers and even declared the character being CA was not actually Steve Rogers as a ret-con to fix the personality to his origins.

Captain America has the same/similar moral fiber foundations, servant to humanity, concept going on... and sometimes he has been awfully close to the obedient lacky of "the man", but that was actively declared a mistake by later writers and even declared the character being CA was not actually Steve Rogers as a ret-con to fix the personality to his origins.
if you are a comics fan you may know a character called Capitan Atom (his last name is Adam of course) and he pinballs back and forth from 'good little soldier' to 'i wont follow those orders' so fast that sometimes its in the same story line.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
it isn't 1 bad day, it is the loss of everything that holds him to earth.

In Emperor Joker superman is able to 'tank' the mental strain that broke batman by simmply going home and *Ahem*ing lois. Joker broke bruce, but taking those memories doesn't break superman as long as he has someone to love him and anchor him...

now I have A LOT of issues with the alt world of Injustice, but in general it makes superman weaker and doesn't take the last step I think it needs to, his parents should have been in metropolis to congratulate lois and he.
Real-life relationships are a significant source of support for many people. So it's not nuts the relationship with Lois might be a salient difference between Superman and Batman (who's usually portrayed as a bachelor, the rumors about Robin notwithstanding).

Real-life relationships are a significant source of support for many people. So it's not nuts the relationship with Lois might be a salient difference between Superman and Batman (who's usually portrayed as a bachelor, the rumors about Robin notwithstanding).
yes and I am 100% of the belief that all of these heroes need connections. It's why I am pro MJ pete being married and pro Bruce and Selena . (I can be argued that OTHER relationships instead of teh ones I ship but they need something) they also all need friends. the Bruce Clark friendship is great but Clark needs Jimmy and Bruce needs someone too.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
It is often acknowledged (regardless of details) that Robin and Alfred to a degree help keep Batman from going completely dark he is supposed to be on the edge because of his childhood tragedies... which Clark never had.

Remove ads