Metal fans, come share in the love!

NiTessine

Explorer
Truly, Lordi won the competition. Not only did they defeat every other contestant, but also the competition itself, dealing it a mortal blow. After this, the Eurovision Song Contest must be born again or self-destruct in its own irrelevancy and mediocrity, trapped forever into circling former Yugoslavian splinter states.

Me, I think Finland should now be a good host, have a decent show for next year, and then withdraw from the competition forever, because there is nothing left to accomplish, nothing we haven't achieved. Any contestant from now on will be compared to Lordi and found wanting.

Lordi did one hell of a show. Der Spiegel, Germany's biggest newspaper, wrote that "the aesthetic of horror has entered the world of schlager."

Goblyns Hoard

First Post
I love it - for the first time metal heads across Europe were represented at Eurovision and what happened - we stood up and were counted. Enough of this trite pop R&B crap that contaminates the airwaves, there's an army of metal fans here that are going to be heard.

The only question now is how many rock songs will make it to Eurovision 2007 - yeah they'll all just be 'cashing in' on Lordi's success - but if it means you're getting an army of voters on your side then some countries will go for it. The more rock we get in there the better.

Im a fan of Opeth, KoRn, Marilyn Manson, Mudvayne, Iced Earth, Behemoth, Morbid Angel, Children of Bodom, Flaw, Rammstein, Slipknot, Static-X. I got into metal about 6th grade, first started out listening to KoRn and Manson before moving on to Slipknot and then onto the others. I don't even remember really liking music before that.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Goblyns Hoard said:
I love it - for the first time metal heads across Europe were represented at Eurovision and what happened - we stood up and were counted. Enough of this trite pop R&B crap that contaminates the airwaves, there's an army of metal fans here that are going to be heard.
Well, there was Wig Wam last year...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
And of course, on VH-1, we now have the "reality" show Supergroup, in which a cast of rockers is supposed to form a band, create new songs, and play a show in 12 days.

The cast/the band:

Sebastian Bach (Skid Row, vox)
Ted Nugent (Solo artist, lead guitar)
Scott Ian (Anthrax, rhythym guitar)
Evan Seinfeld (Biohazard, bass)
Jason Bonham (Bonham, drums)

Oddly enough, there is tension within the group! :D

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Goblyns Hoard said:
I missed last years show - how'd they do?
They were somewhere in the middle and only got 12 points from one country: From Iceland. Scored high with the Westerners, but abysmally from the East and South.

Lars Wodensson

First Post
'eavy Metal

Just the short list version, I could name dozens really.
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Bruce Dickinson's solo work
Savatage
Queensryche
Metallica
Rob Zombie
Black Sabbath
Dio
Accept
Audioslave
Motorhead
Danzig
Pantera
Drowning Pool

I know I'm forgetting some major good bands, but hey, I said I'd keep it short.

Later,
Lars

Remove ads