Metal fans, come share in the love!

Panthanas

Explorer
I like the metal as well. Too many bands to name. Old school metal is good and a large portion of the new music is as well. At least in my humble (not really) opinion.

Thunderfoot said:
System of A Down? Please - they suck as hard as Rage Against the Machine.

Ouch. To each his own, but both of these bands are, again in my humble (not really) opinion, phenomenal, amazing and, dare I say, spectacular!

Just out of curiosity, how do you feel about Audioslave?

Anyway, throw my vote in for metal! Throw up your devil horns!

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Ahhhh, Audioslave. 'Like a Stone' is one of my favs.

I used to LOVE RATM, but somewhere I got tired of them. I remember when my friends and I heard 'rally round your family with a pocket full of shells' and we each heard that line completely different and 'argued' about who was correct.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Ahhh...the wonderful world of indecipherable lyrics!

I remember when KISS released a song my buddy and I thought was "We Want Money." We loved that chorus and applauded them for their honesty...until his girlfriend (a freelancer for Kerrang! magazine) corrected us by telling us it was "Read My Body." :eek:

And of course, there's Jimi Hendrix's immortal "'Scuse me while I kiss this guy..." ;)

Panthanas said:
I like the metal as well. Too many bands to name. Old school metal is good and a large portion of the new music is as well. At least in my humble (not really) opinion.
Ouch. To each his own, but both of these bands are, again in my humble (not really) opinion, phenomenal, amazing and, dare I say, spectacular!
Just out of curiosity, how do you feel about Audioslave?
Anyway, throw my vote in for metal! Throw up your devil horns!
Frankly I thought Velvet Revolver and Audioslave should have gone out together in the:
We got better lead singers tour. :)

My biggest problem with RATM was their "vocalist", his lyrics stunk, his voice was crap and his personality is something akin to a wet T-shirt left out in the sun too long (I've met him). Same thing with SOAD, their vocalist did an interview and was asked what did SOAD mean, his response was arrogant and in the end, didn't really answer anything. Again, his lyrics are uninspired for the style of music they claim to be making. If he weren't trying to pawn himself off as a "thinking man's" metal writer, I could probably tolerate them a litte more, but if you're going to claim to have deep, insightful lyrics, then they should proabably be at least one or the other if not both. (sorry for the sarcasim) On the positive side, I think the musicianship with both groups is superior, RATM got rid of their vocalist, which was a smart move, I think SOAD should do the same.

Not that my metal has to be insightful and deep. I love hair metal, but then it doesn't claim to be one thing and deliver something else. I also love three chords and scream real loud, its fun. But if I want insightful, I listen to Queensryche, Rush and Dream Theater (and a smattering of Triumph and a few others). Even though these are great groups, I have gripes with them too - I'm an equal opportunity producer and find something wrong with everyone's music (to include my own). It's what I get paid to do(sometimes anyway).

I guess I what I'm trying to say is that if you want to rock, don't claim to be better than anyone else because of your (insert whatever here) and then don't deliver on that point. I mean, Alice Cooper never claimed to be Tolstoy, but then Tolstoy's stage show isn't as cool. :cool:

Captain Tagon

First Post
Metal and related type bands I'm loving these days:

The Showdown
Dragonforce
Three Inches of Blood
Agony Scene
Norma Jean
The Chariot
Agorophobic Nosebleed
Cattle Decapitation
Underoath (the first two EPs and first full length)
He Is Legend
Extol
Aletheian
Becoming the Archetype

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Viking Bastard said:
Lordy Won!!!
And...I...don't...Rocking!...believe...it!!! :D

And it's Lordi. ;)

Edit: Did you happen to notice there was a random KISS Army dude sitting next to them?

Last edited:

Remove ads