First Post
ooh, I heard about that, weren't those the guys with the big monsterlike suits
I'll get a pic, just wait a sec

lordi_pic_008.jpg

nice :uhoh:

S. Baldrick

Explorer
Rush (My favorite band of all time)
Black Sabbath (Te first band to take rock and roll and make it EVIL)
Iron Maiden (Thinking man’s heavy metal)
The Blue Oyster Cult (One of the bands that helped define the term “Heavy Metal”)
Led Zeppelin (the god fathers of heavy metal)
Deep Purple (Machine Head. Need I say more?)
Dio (One of the greatest voices in the genre)
Queensryche (Heavy metal meets opera)
Judas Priest (Another defining heavy metal band)
Motley Crue (Alice Cooper meets the Sex Pistols)
Metallica (Metal gods at one time)
Guns and Roses (The band that should have been the next Rolling Stones. Axel Rose could have been the next Robert Plant or the next Mick Jagger but unfortunately, he decided to be himself)
I'm sure there are many others.

Last edited:

Nyaricus

First Post
gray stranger said:
ooh, I heard about that, weren't those the guys with the big monsterlike suits
I'll get a pic, just wait a sec

lordi_pic_008.jpg

nice :uhoh:
Left > Right: Illithid Lich so old his tentacles fell off, a Wight, a Half-ogre fiendish dragonslayer, a Vampire and a mummy.

Yeesh, 3/5 band members are undead? How... unoriginal :p

Nyaricus

First Post
Dannyalcatraz said:
I'm a little dissapointed with the youngbloods releasing albums these days... I've bought stuff like Shadowsfall, Lamb of God, In Flames and the recently released "Masters of Horror" CD that all came highly reccomended...and found that while the guys playing the instruments are pretty competent, the vocalists generally SUCK.
You know, I got a friend who likes... Metallica, Linkin Park, Godsmack and a buch of toerh ands like that (and some punk stuff too) and he HATES Lamb of God. Says the vocals suck.

Funny thng was, this time last year, I thought the same thing too. Couldn't understand a damned thing. Then, I started reading lyrics (which are amazing, BTW, even if you don't like his vocal style) and a little over a year later they are my favourite band. Lamb of God is, in my opinion, an amazing band which proclaims they hate nu metal, and yet are helping to lead another revitalization in metal (according to a ... revolver magaine(?) last year). Everything they play meshes so well together, and I think they are so incrediably talented.

Of course, it's all a matter of opinion and style-choice - I just personally think they are frickin' wicked like none other :D

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm still not sold on LoG's vocals, but they (and a lot of the new bands) have killer axemen, so the revival is well deserved, as is recognizing their importance in helping lead it.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
IM(not so)HO, while technically an alterna-rock band, A Perfect Circle's first single from Mer de Noms, "Judith" was as good a "near metal" song as you're likely to hear, at least in terms of compositional virtuosity and vocals, even if its not your particular taste.

Its too bad most of the rest of the band's stuff is so lame. :\

dragonhead

First Post
S. Baldrick said:
Rush (m favorite band of all time)

Though not cosidered heavy Metal, they are the best band of all time. My favorite song being a tie between trees, yyz, and the manhatten project. And to all of the metal rockers out there, vh1 is having a tribute to metal month, check it out.

Nyaricus

First Post
Dannyalcatraz said:
I'm still not sold on LoG's vocals, but they (and a lot of the new bands) have killer axemen, so the revival is well deserved, as is recognizing their importance in helping lead it.
I'd have to agree with you on both counts. It's funny, actually: on thier DvD 'Killadelphia', the guitarists reveal they have staring contests on stage to see who will mess up first :lol: I thought that was amusing :D

Remove ads