Metal fans, come share in the love!

Nyaricus

First Post
John Q. Mayhem said:
Weisses Fliesch is worse :confused: :eek: :uhoh:
just had to check that one out (like the song, never checked the translated lyrics for it) and yeah, pretty bad. Stein Um Stein is, frankly, more disturbing - I mean, c'mon, saying you're going to take your love and put her into the foundation of a house and build it up around her stone by stone is just a little creepy. Really aweseom song though - reminds of of 'Purity' by Slipknot, which is my favourite song by them :)

John Q. Mayhem said:
And I'll pit "So What?" against any Rammstein for crazy vileness. But Rammstein's still darn vile.
I don't listen to them, but I hear that GWAR could kick alotta butt in this area of vileness. Yick.

John Q. Mayhem said:
EDIT: I love 'em anyways :p
'atta boy :D

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Nyaricus said:
I also love Rammstein :D Personally, my absolute favourites at: Mein Hertz Brent, Feuer Frei!, Moskau, Stein Um Stein, Rosenrot, Spring, Engel and Spiel Mit Mirr. I find their slower songs are some of their better ones, but I like all of their styles. So good all-around though :)

However, some really messed up lyrics (I'll let some of you more adventurous ones figure out the translations for Spiel Mit Mirr or Zwitter) :p

I just heard a song recently by them call Te Quiero Punta [I THINK, though I might have spelled them wrong]. Hearing Rammstein sing in Spanish is just weird.

I like Du Hast as well, though it's not my favorite. Just the first song of theirs I've ever heard. I've been in a total Rammstein mood recently and have listened to them a LOT. Had they been in English, I think I could prolly sing them by heart by now. ;)

Nyaricus

First Post
Dog Moon said:
I just heard a song recently by them call Te Quiero Punta [I THINK, though I might have spelled them wrong]. Hearing Rammstein sing in Spanish is just weird.

I like Du Hast as well, though it's not my favorite. Just the first song of theirs I've ever heard. I've been in a total Rammstein mood recently and have listened to them a LOT. Had they been in English, I think I could prolly sing them by heart by now. ;)
Close - Te Quiero Puta is it's proper name - and I'd have to say that it threw me off the first time as well. Of course, Amerika is an English/German song of which I hadn't beenaware of until I bought the CD 'Reise Reise' so hearing him sing in English was like *jawdrop*

Of course, anyone in Europe knows about 3 languages - it's all so close there. Lucky bums...

>>>Actually my friend and I were talking about Rammstein last week and he was saying that DU Hast has to be one of the the dumbest, coolest singles out there by any metal band. How many english-speaking bands could get away with singing over and over again "you. you hate. you hate me." and making it actually sound good? Not many.

I have to agree with you though - not one of my favourites, for some reason.

LightPhoenix

First Post
The hardest I'll get into metal is some of the (IMO) borderline prog metal stuff like Queensryche and Dream Theater.

A Perfect Circle is definitely not metal. They fall somewhere into the rock category... I'd either go with alt rock or prog rock.

Aus_Snow

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
A Perfect Circle is definitely not metal. They fall somewhere into the rock category... I'd either go with alt rock or prog rock.
That's pretty much what I was thinking, and I'd say alt over prog (with the latter being represnted by such bands as the forementioned Dream Theater, and King Crimson et al), but as I said before, I find the ever-increasing proliferation of subgenres etc. a bit bewildering at times.

And MJK's other band Tool, I'd say was more hard rock (or something like it); not metal either.

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
Nyaricus said:
>>>Actually my friend and I were talking about Rammstein last week and he was saying that DU Hast has to be one of the the dumbest, coolest singles out there by any metal band. How many english-speaking bands could get away with singing over and over again "you. you hate. you hate me." and making it actually sound good? Not many.

I hated that song when I thought it was just "You. You hate. You hate me." Then I read the lyrics, noticed some stuff I'd been missing, and discovered that it's a song about a man about to be married running away at the alter!

Even that's not the silliest. The chorus to "Sonne" is, I kid you not, "One, here comes the sun. Two, here comes the sun. Three, it's the brightest star in the sky. Four, here comes the sun."

By the by, "So What" isn't a band, it's a song by some old punk band called The Anti-Nowhere League that Metallica covered on Garage. Here are the lyrics, which are (as I mentioned) pretty darn vile :]

Dog Moon

Adventurer
John Q. Mayhem said:
I hated that song when I thought it was just "You. You hate. You hate me." Then I read the lyrics, noticed some stuff I'd been missing, and discovered that it's a song about a man about to be married running away at the alter!

The whole repetetive words thing is kind of annoying, but I do like the sound. Although on the plus side just being able to sing 'Du Hast' means you know like 1/3rd the lyrics of the song. ;)
How many songs can you say THAT about [ignoring techno/trance]?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm a little dissapointed with the youngbloods releasing albums these days... I've bought stuff like Shadowsfall, Lamb of God, In Flames and the recently released "Masters of Horror" CD that all came highly reccomended...and found that while the guys playing the instruments are pretty competent, the vocalists generally SUCK.

Its one thing to do "primal scream" vox like Max Cavalera does over Sepultura and Soulfly tunes, or the heavy grinding industrial metal of Godflesh, and another thing entirely to do them over highly techincal guitar work. The amalgam is jarring, to say the least.

Then there's Early Man. The songs and vocalist sound so much like N.I.B.-era Black Sabbath it isn't funny...except that Ozzy holds a tune much better. While at times the lead singer channels Ozzy perfectly, there are too many times he sounds like Ozzy at his drunken, drugged out, off-pitch worst.

I can get around the occassional crappy vocalist. I like Bob Dylan & Tom Petty despite their weak voices, and have always admired Neil Young...for his compositions & guitar work.

But its like most of these new guys couldn't hit a note with a shotgun...or club...

Shouting like that ≠ talent.

Remove ads