• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Metal Joe d20 Modern] No Rest for the Nameless [PG-17]

garyh

First Post
September 1st, 2015
1939 hours Pacific Standard Time
San Francisco, California

"Arashikage, Robert T. On your feet, soldier! It's time to go."
"Sir, yes sir!!" Robert barked back.

As he dashed out of the restuarant, he gave a glance back to his folks and called out, "See you guys on my next leave!!"

Krizzel

First Post
The other man glanced after Robert in satisfaction, reaching down to snatch a California roll off of his abandoned plate. The soldier popped it into his mouth, chewing thoughtfully before he swallowed. "Not bad," he remarked, nodding to Mr. and Mrs. Arashikage before hustling his own way out of the establishment and back onto the helicopter.

"I hope you're rested, son," he told Robert, then stuck his head into the cockpit.

"How fast can you get this bucket to L.A.?"

Krizzel

First Post
The other man seemed to notice the look on Robert's face. "We've got a basketball game to get to," he explained simply. And that's only the opening act to this game...

DM_Matt

First Post
September 1st, 2015
1941 hours Pacific Standard Time
Yosemite national Park

"Honey, did you pack the basil?" shouts Harvey "Blaster" McCormick to his fiancee, Amy, as he spices a piece of meat on a portable barbeque.

He'd agreed that they would go camping on this his first day off, but he wasn't too eager to eat bad food and shoot stuff (he'd been doing taht for that last several weeks), so he brought the first night's meat to prepare at the campsite. The killing could come later, and he'd obtained the proper licences to hunt a limited number of animals here.

"You didn't tell me you needed any," comes a voice from inside the tent.

Harvey decides not to push the issue. He'd improvise. Granted, he was better at doing that with tactical plans in the field or preparations for demolition than with beef, but he'd find a way. The last thing that Harvey wants right now is a fight. After being away for so long, he just wants to get a chance to enjoy life, and Amy, for a bit...

Last edited:

Krizzel

First Post
September 1st, 2015
2320 Hours Eastern Standard Time
Washington State, Near the Canadian Border

What began as a low, subsonic vibration quickly grew into a thundering roar as a low-flying jet passed over the forest, scattering the local fauna. The fighter circled slowly, safety lights glowing brightly, until it seemed to slow down considerably more.

Doors swung away to either side just behind the cockpit, above and below, to reveal a large turbine that blasted air downwards, cushioning the jet. The single afterburner extended far out of the rear, then tilted downwards to provide yet more lift, and the fighter began to hover, carefully setting down in the snow.

The canopy lifted, and the pilot stood up in the forward seat, waving a flashlight in Jon's direction. "Sergeant McConnell?" he yelled over the idling jet engines. "Sergeant?"

Krizzel

First Post
September 1st, 2015
2345 Hours Eastern Standard Time, 2045 PST
Los Angeles, California

There was a sudden roar and something that sounded like a large engine overhead, and then a thump on the roof of the basketball court amid the din. A clattering of footsteps across the rafters, and then down the stairwell preceded the gym doors bursting open as if they were trying to get out of the way of the man who stepped through.

The green t-shirt and combat fatigue pants were relatively unassuming, but the man's sunglasses and square-set, determined jaw spoke with silent authority.

"Borokowski! Front and center!" The military man placed his hands on his hips, surveying the court. "Did you win?"

Last edited:

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
September 1st, 2015
2320 Hours Eastern Standard Time
Washington State, Near the Canadian Border

Wraith simply stared as the jet settled before him. Damn. It looked like vacation was going to be cut short.

He raised his hands to shield his eyes from the sudden lights.

"Yea?!" he yelled over the engines. "Who's askin?" he asked as he neared the plane, dragging the trophy buck behind him.

The other hand rested on his rifle.

perivas

First Post
The lithe man gestures towards the military figure. "I guess it's for you. I thought you were on leave."

"So did I. So did I. I guess we'll have to finish this next time." replies the muscle-bound man with gorilla arms. He moves quickly to stand at attention before the military man, saluting him.
"Borokowski reporting for duty, sir. No sir. It's tie. 15 all. Sir!"

Jemal

Adventurer
September 1st, 2015
2020 Hours Pacific Standard Time
Las Vegas, Nevada

Seargent Benjamin Smith smiled up at the Leiutenant. "That'd be me, son." He turned back to the table "Deal me outta the next one, Sammy. I think I might be a while. Ma'am." He winked and nodded to the woman beside him, then tossed down enough change to cover the whole tables current drinks. "nice playin' with you fellows." Ben got up and nodding a greeting to the Leiutenant, leaned in a little closer to him "You might wanna save the formalities for a little later." He leaned back out, and putting out his cigar, nodded to the door. "Shall we?"

Remove ads