Metalheads! Confess & Brag

Ferret

Explorer
Its odd how band members drift off and join other bands, or don't.....

Is anyone else looking forward to United Abominations?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Ferret said:
Its odd how band members drift off and join other bands, or don't.....

been doing it since forever - look how many bands Eric Clapton was in. it's tradition to be flighty as an artist. ;)

Ferret

Explorer
Now, please don't kill me...but I fear I'm too young to know about this Clapton. I've heard his song Layla, its damn good. But I don't know much esle.

Kurashu

First Post
You haven't heard of Eric Clapton, the man who snorted his own father's ashes?!

I can't name a single thing he's done, but at least I've heard of the man!

What is the generation coming too?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
You haven't heard of Eric Clapton, the man who snorted his own father's ashes?!

That was Keith Richards, of Rolling Stones fame- and it was a (lame) joke on his part.

EC has a long solo career, was the guitarist in Cream, and was one of 3 legendary guitarists in the Yardbirds (along with Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page).

Currently, he's doing whatever he wants- playing on albums with his idols & mentors like B.B. King & J.J. Cale; sponsoring big music festivals (Crossroads), and whatever befits rock royalty.

Essential songs would include: "Layla" "Cocaine" "Sunshine of your love" and "White Room" among many, many others.

Ferret

Explorer
I heard he said something like "I was close enough [physically] to snort it" People thought he meant he was close to snorting it....as in he was about to but didn't.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Def Leppard, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Poison, Kenny G, Jeff Healy, Pat Benetar, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Aerosmith, Creed, Evanescence, Nickleback, Guns and Roses, Metallica (Black), Madonna, Pearl Jam, Queen, Scorpians, White Snake

I've seen Def Leppard twice, and Bon Jovi and TSO once. :)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Nah..."Keef" said he and his dad were so close that he snorted his ashes...as in they were good buddies, soulmates, etc. that he snorted the cremains to maintain that closeness, in jest of his well-documented history of drug abuse.

Kurashu

First Post
Dannyalcatraz said:
That was Keith Richards, of Rolling Stones fame- and it was a (lame) joke on his part.

EC has a long solo career, was the guitarist in Cream, and was one of 3 legendary guitarists in the Yardbirds (along with Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page).

Currently, he's doing whatever he wants- playing on albums with his idols & mentors like B.B. King & J.J. Cale; sponsoring big music festivals (Crossroads), and whatever befits rock royalty.

Essential songs would include: "Layla" "Cocaine" "Sunshine of your love" and "White Room" among many, many others.

SEE! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Ask your elders...or Elder Gods ;) - even though its not "metal" probably the majority of today's generation's pro guitarists have great respect for Clapton, if not outright worship the man. (The same could be said of his contemporaries, as well.)

I dare say that had Jimi Hendrix not existed, Clapton would be the one rock guitarist everyone knows.

He's not the fastest. He's not the flashiest. He's not the heaviest. He just simply plays great guitar 100% of the time.

Last edited:

Remove ads