• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Microlite20 : the smallest thing in gaming

Cymew

First Post
Hargifex said:
Here's an option to add some flexibility to casters:

For every 100 gp of rare / valuable components (e.g. incense, gems, etc) a caster uses (beyond any material components normally required for the spell) the cost to cast the spell is reduced by 1 HP.

Cool idea! I just re-read the Dragon Mag article "Living in a Material World" and the possibilities of material components opened up before me. Combine with m20 and it's instant happiness! Consider the idea stolen!

greywulf

First Post
Depends on the situationn, really. If you're trying to push the bad dude over a cliff, snatch something from his grasp of stop him swinging a +5 Bigass Sword of Nastiness, then an opposed STR check sounds fine. However, if you're grappling to pin so he's on the floor and out of action then that's sudbual damage.

In other words, you're both right :)

greywulf

First Post
Wow. I'd missed that, and am flattered. That's very cool :)

Sorry I've been out of action - loss of connection does that to a man. Grrrr. I'm hotspotting right now.

I'm still (slowly) working on Big Shiny with plans to release it as a softcover print edition when it's done. It'll contain the rules (2 pages), all of the house rules from the Macropedia, lots of monsters, a couple of different campaign settings and adventures. In other words, a complete (and I mean complete!) rpg in a book. And you all made it happen. I'm infernally grateful.

In other news, James has been kind enough to host the official Microlite20 forum over at Miscellaneous Debris. If you want to contribute, post ideas and toss around games design theory, that's the place to be.

See you there :)

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
greywulf said:
In other news, James has been kind enough to host the official Microlite20 forum over at Miscellaneous Debris. If you want to contribute, post ideas and toss around games design theory, that's the place to be.

See you there :)

And greywulf's a moderator (naturally), so you can consider it an owner-operated forum ;) (I'll only wield my awesome powers of administration by request).

derek_cleric

First Post
The unfinished World of Ursia

Hey all!

I thought that since others had presented new and rules-lite campaign settings, I would add Ursia to the mix. It was a world that I was working on for 35e a couple of years ago but I never completed anything other than a map and some description. I thought that since it's really a lite description that it would make a nice fit for ML20.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/tss109/dnd/Ursia/index.html
http://www.personal.psu.edu/tss109/dnd/Ursia/Ursia_24mile.png

--Ray.

Last edited:

Remove ads