MidKnight vs. Kerall (completed)

MidKnight

First Post
"HA!!"

"I laugh at your puny attempt to insult one of my standing. You appearently forgot that I am immune to your words!"

MidKnight asks for three flags from the judges.

MidKnight

First Post
MidKnight contemplates his first hand:

1. The lizard flips through the heavens; shields the efforts of the rain!
2. The dragon dodges across the volcano; reflexively parts the quickening of the flame! - USED
3. The rat drifts within the canyon; waves away the thrust of the stars! - USED
4. The frog illuminates the pond; protects against the offensive of the lightbeam!
5. The lotus blossum kicks through the savanna; fends off the onslaught of the honor! - USED

OOC: acky-pooh!:(

Last edited:

Zappo

Explorer
OOC: Uh... what? (goes to see teh rules) ... .... Ok. I'll take away the above, at this point it's only flavor, and not a good one too. Three flags be it.

The fan appears in the midst of the steppes; leaps over the descent of the bamboo!

The sneaky falcon flips underneath the city; blocks the throw of the amphibian!

The fist lies upon the valley; shreds the foray of the snow! (used)

The manticore dodges within the spring; negates the pain of the canine! (used)

The falcon shatters the badlands; negates the slash of the teardrop! (used)

OOC: Uhm... I think this will be a kinda unimpressive fight.

Last edited:

graydoom

First Post
Zappo said:
OOC: got it. Uhm... this makes the whole thing very complex! MidKnight could let me buy a signature, maybe after having raised the bid so that I pay 4, and then buy a dirty trick... uhm, we'll see what happens. I reckon that if we had many yen the thing would become very ugly for us and very profitable for you. :D
Hehe. It does, but we really haven't had a complicated match with bidding yet. Yeah, we've had very high bidding, but that wasn't complex, just high. And yes, I make a tidy profit :D.
Originally posted by MidKnight
Thats how he got to where is now
Heh. It's a big part, but most of my money has actually come from other sources. I've made a good profit selling some things, and fighting other people who had lots of yen (and getting it all :D). BUt still, money from fights probably accounts for at least a fourth of my income, and it is the second most steady way for me to make money (the most steady way is to get into long fights with a bunch of *yen* modifiers, but few are willing to fight me (for very good reason, I suppose :().

Good luck to both of you, and make sure to spend that money!

:rolleyes:

Zappo

Explorer
OOC: well... let's wait for the judge. You go first, since I have Dirty Trick? Or does the presence of GD count for you as 'potentially' having a Dirty Trick, or something like that?

Edit: GD... can I buy a Dark Influence? That would be really bastard!

Last edited:

MidKnight

First Post
OOC: Most of your fights right now wouldn't be very long GD, between your abilities and your relics...

I will go first (when we have a judge) - don't plan on using GD unless you try to first;) .

Last edited:

Zappo

Explorer
OOC: You could change the thread title and add (judge needed).

Yes, GD has more firepower than five warriors of similar rank combined, but the thing is that 1) he has to spend yen to use that power, 2) he does not automatically gain a rank from winning, and 3) he can drop a rank if he spends yen. Unless you have plenty of loot that he is after, he reasonably will not purchase many powers... no point in winning if you drop a rank in the process. Either that, or he is broken (though not broke). :D

graydoom

First Post
Zappo said:
Yes, GD has more firepower than five warriors of similar rank combined, but the thing is that 1) he has to spend yen to use that power, 2) he does not automatically gain a rank from winning, and 3) he can drop a rank if he spends yen. Unless you have plenty of loot that he is after, he reasonably will not purchase many powers... no point in winning if you drop a rank in the process. Either that, or he is broken (though not broke). :D
Yeah, that's the whole Catch-22 of being a Sash. Gotta use your powers if you want to even things out (or get an advantage), but can't use your powers because you'll drop in rank if you do. So far, I think I've unleashed my full power only twice... both times because a relic was at risk. Once against Meowth, and for a second time against Wicht. Of course, I won both those fights, so that says something... namely, that Sash fighters are deadly if they care about something else more than losing ranks. Luckily, that is only very rarely the case.

OOC: Most of your fights right now wouldn't be very long GD, between your abilities and your relics...
I usually leave my relics (all but my Ring) "at home" and don't use my abilities in most fights. Only when another relic is at risk do I use either my powers or other relics. For fights that don't have relics at stake I just try to get a 3-flag fight and hope for yen moves! I win one yen move and I'm assured to break even, two yen moves and I'm ahead!

He wouldn't even need to spend money with the relics he has.
Sadly untrue. Of the relics I have, one changes the sig style of a move to turtle, one changes location to hell and/or sig style to wolf, one grants both fighters each other's abilities, one just gives me 1 yen if my opponent uses a special power, and the last one hasn't even had its power decided yet. And the Angel Feather's legality of use is in doubt, and I don't really ever plan to use them. All in all, I have to specially assure very narrow conditions for any of the relics to be useful.

It's a hard life being a Sash, but I've been able to seize a bunch of good opportunities to get where I am now... and Niko is still closing in on me.

Wicht

Hero
I can judge - though may not be on constantly tonight I will check in and out

Three ancient judges arrived followed by their flag girl. They nod politely to the fighters, wish them luck and then set up shop.

The ancient masters have decreed this match to take place at the forest north-west of the Valley of Shadows on the night of the chopstick.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases