[Midnight] Defeating the Shadow

Belen

Adventurer
Nifelhein said:
And to BelemUmeria:

What stats have you used for the dave troll, btw? Also, i think that oplot is interesting and the adventure must have been a good one as well, I am not much into the kind of discovery myself, but I like it anyway, congrats on the game, I hope those who gamed with you there enjoyed it. :D

I believe it appeared in the MM3.

Nifelhein

First Post
I did not know that, i heard so many smites on MM3 that I never even considered it as an option... Anyway, I guess I am going to pimp a cave troll I made with some other people on AtS, whoever wants to take a look it has been a while we did it already (link).

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Hey while Wil helped with the setting you are (as far as I'm concerned) my Midnight Sage counterpart in all things. :)

Nightfall

Of course! Just like people praised WW/S&SS for making their own setting. But who's the one keeping it alive? Well me but you get the point Nif. :)

Slife

First Post
ruleslawyer said:
Slife: The Shadow is damaged by the destruction of the mirrors. Not the same as a death effect, but each mirror destroyed is a blow to the Shadow's power.

I was thinking more along the lines of making the mirrors into a bomb. Steal a bunch of them, then shatter them simultaneously at the tower. You'd need a lot of mirrors, but an average deity has only 400 hp. Small mirrors do 5d6, medium do 10d6. Average damage, fort save for half, so each small mirror will reliably give around 9 points of damage, and each large mirror gives around 17. You'd need 24 medium mirrors to ensure 410 damage. But you only have to be five miles away from the fortress! And since each mirror destroyed harms Izzy farther (I have no idea by how much), and most of the fortress is going to be destroyed as well, that's quite a telling blow.

Of course, the valient heros are going to die in the process. And getting that many mirrors will be difficult (to say the least).

Nightfall

Yeah some how they'd have to come up with a super plan to hit and run, get all the mirrors and then break em.

Yeah and my mom's Princess Diana. :p :)

Nifelhein

First Post
Slife said:
I was thinking more along the lines of making the mirrors into a bomb. Steal a bunch of them, then shatter them simultaneously at the tower. You'd need a lot of mirrors, but an average deity has only 400 hp. Small mirrors do 5d6, medium do 10d6. Average damage, fort save for half, so each small mirror will reliably give around 9 points of damage, and each large mirror gives around 17. You'd need 24 medium mirrors to ensure 410 damage. But you only have to be five miles away from the fortress! And since each mirror destroyed harms Izzy farther (I have no idea by how much), and most of the fortress is going to be destroyed as well, that's quite a telling blow.

Of course, the valient heros are going to die in the process. And getting that many mirrors will be difficult (to say the least).

Well, the thing about the Dark Mirrors or Zordrafin Corith is that they are not mirror at all, they are basins filled with blood from sacrifices that get their surface so dark and so tainte it actually reflects whatever is cast at it with perfection. It is a metaphorical name few grasp, but do not be troubled, the official adventure (Crown of Shadow) makes the same mistake...

Moving it is nearly impossible, but even if you did they require constant sacrifices to be kept working, the more powerful it is the more frequent and higher the HD of the sacrifices. Aside from that most of us Midnight fans won't stat izrador, he is a setting tool, not something to be beaten with sticks and magic. ;)

Nightfall said:
Yeah some how they'd have to come up with a super plan to hit and run, get all the mirrors and then break em.

Yeah and my mom's Princess Diana. :p :)

:heh:

Remove ads