[Midnight] Defeating the Shadow

BaldHero

First Post
I have devised a storyline for my groups newest campaign that will allow the heroes to use a single key to "unlock" the veil. The characters wont know until the very last moment of the campaign if the key will open the world up in a way that allows them to get help, or if it will simply allow Izrador to escape and leave their pitiful, broken world to heal.

Im hoping to make them anguish over the decision to use the key in the first place, since they love these sorts of situations.

Nifelhein

First Post
Well, it is a pretty open ended comment you left for us to wonder there, isn't it, BaldHero ? ;)

On AtS smeagol once devised the thought to make the sorshef actual gods, but originally neutral they are the only ones now keeping ways of bypassing the veil, it was n interesting though, sicne the stars then would be actual passages through the veil, but guarded by those gods.

Nifelhein

First Post
Well, my players would rather not atatck then be dead after it, they are all for themselves first, resisting second, whatever comes third and wel, they are not against cruel torture and killing if it comes to the shadow troops and followers, even if said subject surrendered.

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Jürgen Hubert said:
Destroying the mirrors is a pretty nasty choice, especially since they are normally erected within large communities. Yes, you can hurt the Shadow this way, but do you really want to kill off hundreds or thousands of people while doing so? Sure, many of them will die sooner or later under the influence of the Shadow anyway - but do you really want their deaths on your conscience?

Since the mirrors collect ambient magic and transfer it to Izrador maybe the LOTR way of beating Izrador is to drive all magic out of the world and thus "starve" Izrador into submission. :)

Nifelhein

First Post
\Hey, that is an old "face". That could be an idea, but my own vision would not mix well with it, I see the magic as being made of the samething the world, beings and everything else is, thus it is draining from those to be used, the use of spells do not hurt that because the energy is released, most of the time, Izrador is taking it all for himself.

The thing is that the shadow is without a body, driving his forces back to the north, at least to the north of the Pellurian Sea is a possibility, not an easy task aat all, but still possible, that is actualy how i picture my games after a few campaigns, good roleplaying and good ideas.

Remove ads