Midnight, what should i buy...

Ran

First Post
I am really imopressed with midnight, it is way cool, I have only read the info on ffg ite and now I am waiting to have some money and buy stuff, that what comes...

I am gonna buy the setting book, and was wondering if people around hae already bought both the against the shadows and the adventure crown of shadows...

Should I buy them too? Why? Will they improve even more what is already so good?

Help me decide please!!!!!
:confused:

Banshee16

First Post
Against the Shadow is really cool. Lots of interesting additional rules, as well as prestige classes, and more expansions on their magic system.

Definitely worth it.

I've got Crown of Shadows as well, but haven't looked through it as much...apparently it's a good adventure though....

Banshee

Tyler Do'Urden

Soap Maker
Yes, get Against the Shadow and Crown of Shadows- both are great supplements.

If you're looking for non-Midnight books that would be useful in a Midnight game, a few favorites of mine are AEG's Mercenaries and Malhavoc's Cry Havoc. Mercenaries adds several nonmagical core classes that would fit well in Midnight, a slew of nonmagical prestige classes that are very appropriate, new combat feats, spells that are great for enhancing Channeler's abilities in a fight, and more. Cry Havoc adds the best mass combat system I've seen yet in d20- and Mass Combat happens in Midnight, whether it's Dwarven sieges, battles in the Erethor, or Sarcosan freerider raids.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Way cool, I was about to ask these same questions. I got the midnight campaign coming to me soon (4-5 days) and I was wondering what supplements people thought worked good in it. :)

By any chance are any of you three in online PbP campaign?

Ran

First Post
Hey thanks lot!!!

Anyway, I am not on any PbP campaign right now, I usually have problems to play online and never tried a mail system, but i would give it a try...

I was thinking about Cry Havoc too, but never thought about AEG's Mercenaries too, thanks for the ideas, I hope to start playing midnight in a month or so...

Remove ads