Midway Mining Expedition (PbP)

Kwargrow

Adventurer
OOC: when I saw Birds of Prey the first thing I thought of was that new movie staring Margot Robbie :love:


Coldtree rubs his chin as he thinks. "Birds of Prey? That might have people wondering what we 'prey' upon, but I do like the inspiration. How about 'Mountain Song Adventuring Company'? Grandiose names like that really get peoples attention."
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Coldtree: full health
Harnin arrows: 17
Taka: full health
Boots: 20 - 7 = 14
Tehn: full health
Coldtree will search the corpses and the area around where they fell to see if any valuables fell out. An idea strikes him and as he searches he attempts to determine if any of the corpses of the miners and the cat have any parts that show Way proclivity. Anything of personal value to the miners he will set aside to be returned to the families.
Tehn assists Coldtree in perusing the bodies of the miners. A handful or so of loose coins is collected. The men have no adornments or personal items that may have sentimental value to possible family or friends, though Tamus had personalized his pick. The two men separate where the coins are to be carried to remember to whom they belonged.

Perhaps the cat had been dead too long, perhaps it was never of any significance, there seems no way to determine at this point, but what can be determined is that its remains harbor no proclivity for waylines.

Satisfied that they have done what they could, the two men signal Taka to help bring them back up to the path. The rope is then returned to the mine.

... Taka says, "Let's name ourselves in honor of what we did. Let's call ourselves the Birds of Prey."
when I saw Birds of Prey the first thing I thought of was that new movie staring Margot Robbie :love:
GM: Margot Robbie... Mmm!
Coldtree rubs his chin as he thinks. "... How about 'Mountain Song Adventuring Company'? Grandiose names like that really get peoples attention."
Tehn considers the options, offering his opinion. "I am going to side with Coldtree on this one. While Birds of Prey sounds ominous or inspiring, it has the feel of something more mercenary, like an assassin organization. That would inspire the wrong sentiment with Midway."

"I am not sure why you went with the word 'song.' Would you consider 'Mountain Melody Adventuring Company?' I like alliterations. I think it has a certain flow to it.

The men discuss the creation of a company identity as they return to town. Nothing untoward interferes with the return trip. It is evening when they arrive, and most of the miners should be dining, conveniently gathered in the cafe.

Tehn think, ~Ha! I did not have de-feather any birds or cook.~

Coins:
Shillings: 377

Animal Parts:
Ant Pinchers: 2, (Cohesion +1)
Ant Stingers: 7, {Toxin x2}
Beetle Elytra: 5 pair (deflect 4, soak 2)
Harvester Feather Talisman: 1, (Health +1)
Peccary Tusks: 1 pair, ??

Stone:
Bloodstone: 1, (Health +1)
Flint: 1, {Shock x2}
Slate: 1, {Sound x2}
OOC: Each character receives 2 DP.
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Taka ponders the question; "How about Mountain Breeze or Mountain Wind? Or even Mountain Way? We are not a group of skalds or performers. And to my knowledge, none of us can sing."
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
When the party arrives back in town, Taka will make a mental note to make the following suggestion to the camp leader, as soon as possible.
Taka's suggestion: "The birds we encountered seemed not only aware, but actually malevolent. They enjoy killing. Their song is dangerous. I would suggest that all mining parties stuff cotton in their ears when they get near the site, and that all of them carry bows, so as to be able to shoot the pests; they like to sit on an unreachable cliff branch and sing. It's a deadly combination for someone who isn't prepared."

The next morning, Taka plans to visit the village smith, to see what weapons he has available. He is thinking of something longer and heavier than a short sword. Something with some heft to it.

He will also visit the armorer, to see if he has something stronger than the corded hauberk, perhaps a thick leather vestment.

Lastly, he will visit the bowyer. He doesn't often have use for a bow, but he now realizes the importance of having one, for situations such as he faced against the birds.
 

Kwargrow

Adventurer
Coldtree shrugs and says to T&T, "I picked the word 'song' because it was on this adventure where we were almost killed by a bird's song, that we decided to make our company permanent. I'm not attached to it, though, all of your suggestions sound fine. Do these mountains have an official name?"
Back in town, Coldtree will invest in some bracers, the best he can afford with his portion of the earnings, and a new pair of boots. He will attempt to use the new notoriety of the group to negotiate a better price for all their goods, enouraging T&T to help.
Going through the inventory, he finds the peccary tusks and attempts to determine way proclivity.
71, 93+63
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Coldtree: full health
Harnin arrows: 17
Taka: full health
Boots: 20 - 7 = 14
Tehn: full health
The party, as yet, comes to no decision with regard to a name for themselves, being able to afford more time to be certain of the chosing.

When the party arrives back in town, Taka will make a mental note to make the following suggestion to (Migdon)...
Having the time to discuss his thoughts on the return trip, Taka decides to keep his own council, instead, upon the suggestion of his friends. It was concluded that if anyone could do the job then the three of them could be replaced. The idea of going back to mining, cooking, and assisting the medic no longer appealed to any of them, respectively.

... Taka plans to visit the village smith, to see what weapons he has available...
The smith, a middle aged Orngaddrin, laughs at the inquiry of a weapon. "This is not a military unit. I make tools; but never fear, I am a skilled craftsman. In addition to hammers and picks, given a day or two, I could make you, from either Ularin or Harnin, a javelin or spear head, a sword, or a fighting axe. This would, of course, have to be at your own expense, not on the mining company."

He will also visit the (hunting lodge), to see if he has something stronger than the corded hauberk, perhaps a thick leather vestment...
The master of the hunt working in coordination with the tanner has several items available in pigskin, sheep, or goat, goat being the best of the three. As it so happens, the master of the hunt is also a bowyer and has several stranded bows with harnin-tipped arrows on hand at standard cost of 320 shillings for the bow.

Back in town, Coldtree will invest in some bracers... boots. He will attempt to... negotiate...
Negotiate + Tranquility + d100
Negotiate: Mind + Commercial + Knowledge + Persona = 17
Tranquility: Essence + Collegiate + Aberrative + Adhesion + Cohesion = 31
17 + 31 + 71 = 119

Skepticism + Clarity + d100 = 40 + 12 + 61 = 113
Coldtree is fitted for goatskin bracers and boots for a total of 118 shillings.
OOC: Bracers: cover 20%: hinder 8: deflect 8: soak 3
Boots: same as above


Going through the inventory, he finds the peccary tusks and attempts to determine (any) proclivity.
Ecology + Analysis + d100 => 60 + 20 x rarity
Ecology: Mind + Commercial + Mercantile + Knowledge = 15
Analysis: Essence + Collegiate + Adhesion = 24
15 + 24 + 93+63 = 195 > 80, success

Analysis Time: 10 days x rarity / sensitivity <= Will (in hours)
10 / 195 = 1 hour, 14 minutes
In considerably shorter time than previous analyses, Coldtree is able to determine that the peccary tusks offer their wielder and enhancement to overall organ function in relation to the entire being (Confluence +1).

With regard to discussing the remains of the fallen miners, it is discovered that Tamus has no family so there is nothing to prevent the confiscation of his coin. Dregg's mother thanks the three profusely but tells the men to keep the coin in return for showing her where the body has fallen and helping her retrieve it for a proper disposal. The brother of the the third man conveys the same request. (The party retains a collected 36 shillings.)

Two days are set aside for the community to retrieve its fallen miners and give the bodies their ceremonial due. The mining company provides two rounds of drinks at the ale house the second evening in honor of the memorials.

Coins:
Shillings: 259

Animal Parts:
Ant Pinchers: 2, (Cohesion +1)
Ant Stingers: 7, {Toxin x2}
Beetle Elytra: 5 pair (deflect 4, soak 2)
Harvester Feather Talisman: 1, (Health +1)
Peccary Tusks: 1 pair, (Confluence +1)

Stone:
Bloodstone: 1, (Health +1)
Flint: 1, {Shock x2}
Slate: 1, {Sound x2}
OOC: Each character receives 2 DP.

NEW PARTY BUSINESS WILL BE INITIATED AFTER FINALIZATION OF TAKA'S REQUESTS. POST ANY OTHER TOWN BUSINESS FOR THE TWO DAYS' FURLOW.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Adventurer
Coldtree tells T&T about the proclivity of the peccary tusks and requests them for his own to help with his developing abilities.
He will help with all the body retrieval, never missing an opportunity to point out that it was their group that made it possible. He will tell about the strange birds, and that it required a group effort to make them depart. The way Coldtree tells it, all three of them begged the birds to depart before they finally did, lamenting that they took the lives that they did. (all a fabrication, but Coldtree is attempting to milk this for all it is worth) He speaks to each of the survivor family members, using the details of each to manipulate the others. He manipulates food and gifts from those he can, speaking often of the adventuring group that still needs a name.
Later, to T&T he says, "Let us decide on a name for our group. We are in the Dragon Spine mountains, so how about the Dragon Way Adventure Company, or DWAC for short? We need to establish our name now, my friends."
98(+62)
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
OOC:
67AC149D-5B32-4F36-A2D0-563CBDBC17B5.jpeg
The scale for this map is 4 paces per square which is approximately 8 yards in American terms. Each contour line also represents the same scale in elevation change. The map is oriented with the top representing North. Boga City is to the west and East Port, obviously, east. The road follows through the gap in the buildings and lies generally east and west, following the contour at the same to descending elevation.

1. Mining Office
2. Supply Warehouse
3. Forge
4. Smith
5. Medic
6. Cafe
H. Company Housing
L. Hunting Lodge
T. Tannery
B. Brothel
A. Ale House

Unmarked buildings are food storage, a smoke house, and individual cabins.
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
The Village Blacksmith said:
The smith, a middle aged Orngaddrin, laughs at the inquiry of a weapon."...This is not a military unit. I make tools; but never fear, I am a skilled craftsman. In addition to hammers and picks, given a day or two, I could make you, from either Ularin or Harnin, a javelin or spear head, a sword, or a fighting axe. This would, of course, have to be at your own expense, not on the mining company."
Taka replies, "I am yet young, and without much money, or much to trade. But I suspect this will soon be remedied. Could you make me a proper sword, one that I could use with two hands, with the promise of future repayment? I could also offer to perform work or errands in return as well. I offer you my word of honor on this matter, I shall not neglect to pay you."

The Huntmaster said:
The master of the hunt, working in coordination with the tanner has several items available in pigskin, sheep, or goat, goat being the best of the three. As it so happens, the master of the hunt is also a bowyer and has several stranded bows with harnin-tipped arrows on hand at standard cost of 320 shillings for the bow.
Taka repeats his tale of woe to the Huntmaster, offering to either pay him at a later time, or to perform work or run errands. Taka says that he would like to get a longbow, with a good range, and a little heft to the draw (set to match his strength.) He would also like 20 harnin-tipped arrows to go with it. Lastly, he would like a goatskin hauberk, to replace his corded one. He will offer his current hauberk in trade, if that will help. (He will also offer his short sword to the blacksmith in trade, in the same manner.)
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Coldtree: full health
Harnin arrows: 17
Taka: full health
Boots: 20 - 7 = 14
Tehn: full health
Coins:
Shillings: 141

Animal Parts:
Ant Pinchers: 2, (Cohesion +1)
Ant Stingers: 7, {Toxin x2}
Beetle Elytra: 5 pair (deflect 4, soak 2)
Harvester Feather Talisman: 1, (Health +1)
Peccary Tusks: 1 pair, (Confluence +1)

Stone:
Bloodstone: 1, (Health +1)
Flint: 1, {Shock x2}
Slate: 1, {Sound x2}

Coldtree...
The actions of the three men who have taken to calling themselves the Dragon Way Adventuring Company are seen in a most benevolent light by the Mhytre residents of the Midway Mining Community. Profuse thanks are given for the opportunity to properly dispose of the bodies. Offers of simple favors, pleasures, and food are made to all three, more especially Coldtree who is taken to be the leader of the group thanks to his smooth talking skill. Taka and Tehn find the tactic humorous and would not even consider spoiling the harmless con, especially since Taka finds coital offers from more than one female.

Taka replies, "I am yet young..."

Taka repeats his tale...
Despite the favorable light in which the men find themselves, when it comes to payment, no credit will suffice, neither is a used garment valued for trade. What cannot be purchased, outright, will have to come at a later date.

At the current juncture, the group decides to purchase the bracers and boots for Coldtree and wait on anything else.

After a few days of The Passing Celebration and the effects of too much drinking have passed, Gebbrik meets with the men. "It is befitting that you have named a company for yourselves. It seems there is no end to misfortune which requires the services of such a group as the Dragon Way Adventuring Company. A ten-wage for normal workers is 100 shillings. I will offer you 120 each as retainer for services."

"I have a very serious matter that I would like to keep private as long as possible. The trade wagon from East Port did not arrive as it should have. While this causes a shortage of rice, I can send to Boga City for more wheat, as it is closer. We just like the variety of staple. My bigger concern is that entertainment was coming with this shipment. Entertainment in the form of women. Obviously this is a highly valued and more perishable commodity than grain. The women are professionals. They usually stay about three days. I would never tolerate any such activity by force. What say you to investigating?"

OOC: Each character receives 3 DP. Anyone not fluent in Maldrog increases in proficiency by 1%.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Adventurer
Coldtree listens intently to Gebbrik and replies in Orngaddrin, "Of course. You can trust us to handle this matter and to be discrete. Let us know where we should start looking and we will take it from there." After Gebbrik departs, Coldtree motions T&T in close and says, "My friends, it is reasonable to think that if those women are still alive, they are suffering as we speak. Let us make all haste to rescue, or avenge them."
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Coldtree: full health
Harnin arrows: 17
Taka: full health
Boots: 20 - 7 = 14
Tehn: full health
Coins:
Standard Earnings: 360 shillings / 10 days
Shillings: 141

Animal Parts:
Ant Pinchers: 5, (Cohesion +1)
Ant Stingers: 10, {Toxin x2}
Beetle Elytra: 5 pair (deflect 4, soak 2)
Harvester Feather Talisman: 1, (Health +1)
Peccary Tusks: 1 pair, (Confluence +1)

Stone:
Bloodstone: 1, (Health +1)
Flint: 1, {Shock x2}
Slate: 1, {Sound x2}
Coldtree listens intently to Gebbrik and replies in Orngaddrin, "Of course... Let us know where we should start looking..."
Taka nods, saying: "Agreed..."
Gebbrik nods twice, with deliberation. "My best guess is to follow the main road east in the direction of East Port and looks for signs. I cannot see an entire caravan vanishing without evidence of its demise. I have no way of knowing what or where is may have incurred trouble. I only know that it is three days late."

With very little to go on, DWAC takes to the mission at first light, gathering necessary provisions for travel and proceeds by foot eastward on the main road. The miners are not really much of a talkative lot early in the morning, so while a few wave, no one engages the men in any attempt of a conversation, making the departure efficient and easy.
Effectiveness: Sociology + Tranquility + d100
Sociology: Mind + Commercial + Knowledge + Mercantile
Tranquility: Essence + Collegiate + Cohesion + post-Collegiate + Adhesion
Coldtree: 15 + 31 + 50 = 96
Taka: 12 + 16 + 50 = 78
Lunaya: 26 + 14 + 50 = 90

During the first day of the journey, Taka happens to stumble across the path of three large ants, which can no longer pose anything other than a trivial threat. The ants are quickly overcome and their useful parts collected.

Late into the afternoon, nearing the point where it would be desirable to rest for the evening, Coldtree notices a few rockland sheep grazing and is able to fell one before the remainder scatter. As the men are cleaning the kill, Tehn notices the approach of potential hostiles and motions to the others. Preparing to receive hostiles, mutual awareness is made between the DWAC and a group of 6 people.

Possibly having been following the small herd of rockland sheep, the other group is composed of young Aedamans, having, decorated, reddish brown skin, clothed in rudimentary skins, and armed with stone tipped javelins.

OOC: Each character receives 3 DP. THERE IS NOT AN OPTION FOR SURPRISE. STATE FIRST INTENDED ACTION AND PROVIDE REACTION ROLL AND ACTION ROLL.
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Taka will stimulate his strength, allowing his muscles to expand and swell. He will draw his sword and rush toward the nearest Aedeman. On his way, he will muddle his foe's mind, and follow that up with a sword strike.

Taka wishes that his sword were bigger, but for now, the Harnin shortblade would have to suffice.

Reaction = 72
Stimulate Strength = 42
Muddle = 93 (+92) = 185
Sword Attack = 99 (+42) = 141
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Something Wicked this Way Comes
Coldtree: full health
Harnin arrows: 17
Taka: full health
Boots: 20 - 7 = 14
Tehn: full health
Coins:
Standard Earnings: 360 shillings / 10 days
Shillings: 141

Animal Parts:
Ant Pinchers: 5, (Cohesion +1)
Ant Stingers: 10, {Toxin x2}
Beetle Elytra: 5 pair (deflect 4, soak 2)
Harvester Feather Talisman: 1, (Health +1)
Peccary Tusks: 1 pair, (Confluence +1)

Stone:
Bloodstone: 1, (Health +1)
Flint: 1, {Shock x2}
Slate: 1, {Sound x2}
GM said:
... Preparing to receive hostiles, mutual awareness is made between the DWAC and a group of 6 people...
Seeing the six men, all are men, Taka instinctively recognizes the kinship of bloodline, though he has not before encountered his father's people since infancy. He speaks one word, "Kinamin."

Little is known, by others, of the hostile tribe, except for their propensity for war. It is rumored that despite the statistics against it, the men of the tribe tend to outnumber the women 4 to 1. The women and children are stationed in a temporary camp while the men look for kills, sometimes wandering more than a day from the original location. Random encounters will always be with men and will always be hostile. The real fear of this people is their innate ability to bend waylines to their will.

This particular party appears to be comprised of young men about the same age as DWAC, perhaps a little younger, readily armed with stone tipped javelins. The encounter occurs at a distance of about 20 strides.

Coldtree will... Heat... the closest one.
Taka will stimulate his strength... draw his sword and rush toward the nearest Aedeman...
GM: NOTE: The ability to increase ones own strength requires at least 1 rank in the Aberrative skill. Taka does not have this.

Lunnaya runs toward the right flank of the enemy, hoping to close before a javelin can be launched at him.
Readiness + Speed + Tranquility + d100
Readiness: Body + Combat + Motility
Speed: Mind + Commercial + Knowledge + Athletic
Tranquility: Essence + Collegiate + Cohesion (+ post-Collegiate + Adhesion)
Taka: 22 + 12 + 17 + 72 = 123
Coldtree: 17 + 15 + 32 + 58 = 122
Lunnaya: 14 + 25 + 15 + 66 = 120
Kinamin: 10 + 19 + 15 + 76 = 120
Action + Hindrance - Reaction
Taka: 350(movement, bending, sword) + 2(clothing) - 123 = 229
Coldtree: 100(movement, bending) + 26(clothing) - 122 = ~0
Lunnaya: 500(movement, bending, knife) + 13(clothing) - 120 = 393
Kinamin: 700(movement, javelin) + 0(clothing) - 120 = 580, ~0
NOTE: movement is halved due to mutual charge
Coldtree only has to move forward a short distance for the headhunters to be within his range to affect them. Taka, with his longer strides, outdistances both Lunnaya and the Kinamins. Checking up at the change in range, all 6 Kinamins launch javelins at the same time Coldtree attempts to heat one of them.
Bending + task + d100
Bending: Mind + Commercial + Knowledge + Will + Mercantile
Coldtree: 18 + 29(heat) + 86 = 133 (x2)
Taka: 16 + 17(muddle) + 185 = 218
Lunnaya: 29 + 15(thump) + 64 = 108
K1: 10(conditioning) + 15(fury) + 74(d100) = 99
damage: 133 - 99 = 34% * 10 = 3 (x2)
Body: 8 - 3 = 5 - 3 = 2, injured

K2: 19(skepticism) + 15(clarity) + 74(d100) = 108
damage: 218 - 108 = 110% * 10 = 11
Mind: 8 - 11 = -3, unconscious

K3: 10(conditioning) + 15(clarity) + 74(d100) = 99
damage: 108 - 99 = 9% * 10 = 1
Mind: 8 - 1 = 7, dazed
Launch + Accuracy + Clarity + d100 +/- range
Kinamins: 10 + 19 + 15 + 78 = 122
Avoidance + Analysis + d100 + cover
Avoidance: Mind + Commercial + Knowledge + Tactile
Analysis: Essence + Collegiate + Adhesion
Taka: 12 + 16 + 141 > 122
Coldtree: 15 + 24 + 49 = 88
damage: 122 - 88 = 34% * 7 = 2 - 4(tunic), ineffective (x2)
Tunic: 60 - 2 - 2 = 56
Lunnaya: 25 + 14 + 78 = 117
damage: 122 - 117 = 05% * 8, ineffective
Shortly after Coldtree stops and heats one of the enemy, the lot of them launches a javelin, each, all from about the same range to their targets. While stroke of luck causes none to come near Taka, Coldtree is not so lucky, but is saved from damage by his tunic. Lunnaya is barely grazed, the stone tip not even affecting his garment.
Aggression + Accuracy + Fury + d100
Taka: 23 + 12 + 16 + 141 = 192
Lunnaya: 15 + 15 + 25 + 78 = 133
Readiness + Avoidance + Analysis + d100
K2: 10 + 19 + 15 + 88 = 132
damage: 192 - 132 = 60% * 10 = 6
Body: 8 - 6 = 2, injured

K3: 132, defended
Not needing to move any closer, Coldtree is able to heat his opponent a second time, as his two friends close to melee, but is still unable to subdue him. Taka slashes his sword across the torso of one simultaneously altering his mind. The man is significantly injured but falls unconscious due to the manipulation of his mind. Lunnaya is unable to effectively attack his opponent but does some harm by mystically generating a damaging pulse of air on the man's ears.

OOC: Coldtree is 15 strides from his two opponents, one of which is majorly burned. Both seem intent on physically reaching the man despite the injury to the one. Taka is engaged with a single opponent, while Tehn is still facing two.

STATE NEXT DESIRED ACTION.

All characters receive 3 DP.
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Seeing that the combination of attacking both the mind and the body simultaneously seems to be a winner, Taka repeats the process on his current opponent.
Mental Assault = 98 (+18) = 116
Sword Attack = 15 (Rats!)
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Two Out of Three Ain't Bad
Coldtree: full health
Harnin arrows: 17
Tunic: 60 - 2 - 2 = 56
Taka: full health
Boots: 20 - 7 = 14
Tehn: full health
Coins:
Standard Earnings: 360 shillings / 10 days
Shillings: 141

Animal Parts:
Ant Pinchers: 5, (Cohesion +1)
Ant Stingers: 9, {Toxin x2}
Beetle Elytra: 5 pair (deflect 4, soak 2)
Harvester Feather Talisman: 1, (Health +1)
Peccary Tusks: 1 pair, (Confluence +1)

Stone:
Bloodstone: 1, (Health +1)
Flint: 1, {Shock x2}
Slate: 1, {Sound x2}
... attacking... mind and the body... Taka repeats
Coldtree... Heat(s) the enemy again.
Dissatisfied with his first assault, Lunnaya switches to toxicity by augmenting with an ant stinger, after slashing with his knife.
Action + Hindrance - Reaction
Taka: 40(sword), 100(bending)
Coldtree: 100(bending)
Lunnaya: 40(knife), 100(bending)
Bending + task + d100
Bending: Mind + Commercial + Knowledge + Will + Mercantile
Coldtree: 18 + 29(heat) + 77 = 124, 18 + 29 + 86 = 133
Taka: 16 + 17(muddle) + 116 = 149
Lunnaya: 29 + 15(toxicity) x 2(stinger) + 87 = 146
Kinamins: 19(bending) + 15(heat) + 77 = 111
Taka: 22(conditioning) + 16(fury) + 116(d100) > 111
Coldtree: 18(conditioning) + 33(bolster) + 86(d100) > 111
Lunnaya: 15(conditioning) + 16(fury) + 87(d100) > 111
K1: 10(conditioning) + 15(fury) + 77(d100) = 102
damage: 124 - 102 = 22% * 10 = 2
Body: 8 - 3 = 5 - 3 = 2 - 2 = 0, incapacitated

K4: 102
damage: 133 - 102 = 31% * 10 = 3
Body: 8 - 3 = 5, hurt

K2: Mind: 8 - 11 = -3, unconscious

K5: 19(skepticism) + 15(clarity) + 77(d100) = 111
damage: 149 - 111 = 38% * 10 = 4
Mind: 8 - 4 = 4, dazed

K3: 10(conditioning) + 15(fury) + 77(d100) = 111
damage: 146 - 111 = 35% * 10 = 4
Mind: 8 - 1 = 7 - 4 = 3, dazed
Aggression + Accuracy + Fury + d100
Taka: 23 + 12 + 16 + 15 = 66
Lunnaya: 15 + 15 + 25 + 56 = 111
K4&5: 10 + 19 + 15 + 66 = 110
K3&6: 110 + 100(second opponent) = 210
Readiness + Avoidance + Analysis + d100
Taka: 22 + 12 + 16 + 15 = 66
damage: 110 - 66 = 44% * 2 = 1 - 2(soak), ineffective
Lunnaya: 14 + 25 + 15 + 56 = 110
damage: 210 - 110 = 100% * 2 = 2 - 1(soak) = 1 (x2)
Mind: 10 - 2 = 8, dazed
Coldtree: 17 + 15 + 24 + 86 > 110

K2: Body: 8 - 6 = 2, injured

K3: 10 + 19 + 15 + 66 = 110, defended
Taka and Tehn both slash with their bladed weapons as they begin to bend mystical and mechanical waylines, respectively. Neither is able to make contact with his enemy. The Kinamins attack bare handed. Taka is unaffected by the blow but the double team on Lunnaya is able to pummel a little pain.

Coldtree generates heat on his determined first target, managing to incapacitate him. He also has time to launch another assault against his second opponent, causing him some harm as well. The second opponent closes to melee but is unable to cause physical harm.

Taka and Tehn are both able to do some harm by manipulating their desired waylines but not enough to take down an opponent.

Coldtree and Taka are now engaged in melee with a single opponent, each. Lunnaya appears to be in some trouble, still fighting two.
OOC: Each character receives 3 DP. STATE NEXT ACTION AND PROVIDE AT LEAST ONE ROLL.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Adventurer
Coldtree will keep his hands up for defense, and kick at his opponent's knee. He will maneuver to where he can see one of Lunnaya's opponents, and manipulate waylines to Heat the Kinamin to help his friend out.
89, 80
 

Advertisement

Top