D&D 5E Mike Mearls is back on the D&D RPG Team

Three weeks ago, WotC's Jeremy Crawford told us that Mike Mearls was no longer working on the tabletop RPG, and hadn't since some time in 2019. Today, the (newish) D&D head Ray Winninger said on the company's Twitch livestream that Mearls is now back full-time on the tabletop game. Mike Mearls is back full time on the RPG again. He was splitting his time working on some computer game stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three weeks ago, WotC's Jeremy Crawford told us that Mike Mearls was no longer working on the tabletop RPG, and hadn't since some time in 2019. Today, the (newish) D&D head Ray Winninger said on the company's Twitch livestream that Mearls is now back full-time on the tabletop game.

Mike Mearls is back full time on the RPG again. He was splitting his time working on some computer game stuff for us, but he’s back.

He still doesn't appear to be back on social media since his final tweet back in 2019.

mearls2.jpg

G

Guest 6801328

"Hey, Mike, glad to have you back! How did your project for corporate go?"

"Great, I'm glad it's done, though. I missed working on D&D. So, what happened while I was on the 7th floor?"

"Well, you won't BELIEVE the crazy rumors about where you were....and the mill is just getting turning on why you're back..."

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Nothing good comes from Twitter.
Real time reporting of news from ground zero from participants and witnesses, unfiltered and unpackaged.

The ability for people in non-democratic regimes to organize and get their messages out easily and cheaply. (Twitter's character limit was originally a reflection that people could post to it via text messages.)

The ability for people to easily get outside of their filter bubble, compared to Facebook, since you can more easily see and interact with people whom you don't follow.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the whole "Mearls was fired cos of Zak S!" stories are fairly bunk now. Can we all just get past the weird obsessive speculation about WotC's workplace restructurings?

Yeah it was definitely all bunk. What very likely happened, was because of Mearls handling of the Zak S. thing, either Mearls voluntarily or was pressured to turn down his usage of social media and public appearances.

I suspect it was voluntary, because Mearls actually does appear in that video for Larian; it'd be kind of weird for WotC to demand he be silent and let him do that.

And the voluntary thing makes sense; he made a mistake, probably got a load of PM and tweets at him that were upset, and because that isn't great for your mental health, quiet social media. Completely rational.

Anyway, the speculation doesn't matter now; he's back on the RPG side, where he belongs. People make mistakes, let's move on.

Zardnaar

Legend
Real time reporting of news from ground zero from participants and witnesses, unfiltered and unpackaged.

The ability for people in non-democratic regimes to organize and get their messages out easily and cheaply. (Twitter's character limit was originally a reflection that people could post to it via text messages.)

The ability for people to easily get outside of their filter bubble, compared to Facebook, since you can more easily see and interact with people whom you don't follow.

As I said nothing good comes from Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads