D&D 5E Mind Blank against Command

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The sidebar is backed up by the saving throws. I haven't seen a single enchantment spell that controls the physicality of the target, or we would see strength, constitution and dexterity saves for those enchantment spells. They're all mental saves, since they all target the mind.

We could easily say that those spells leave the mind itself alone, and try to drown out the mind's signal to the body. The character is in a mental shouting match with the spell - roll a mental save to see if your mind is louder.

Not that you have to take my interpretation, but it would be... much better... if you stopped talking as if no other interpretation is possible. State your preference, but allow that there are other valid ones, please and thanks.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
We could easily say that those spells leave the mind itself alone, and try to drown out the mind's signal to the body. The character is in a mental shouting match with the spell - roll a mental save to see if your mind is louder.
That is still mind affecting(which doesn't have to be overt control) and is the kind of spell mind blank was designed to foil.
Not that you have to take my interpretation, but it would be... much better... if you stopped talking as if no other interpretation is possible. State your preference, but allow that there are other valid ones, please and thanks.
The rules are clear on what intelligence, wisdom and charisma saves represent. This isn't even from a sidebar. Page 238 of the DM lets us know.

Remove ads