• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Miscellaneous gaming stuff

thormagni

Explorer
So, I actually signed up to GM a few games of Mutants and Masterminds at GenCon. We will see if they get approved. My premise:

Event Description: A new superhero appears in Freedom City, with strangely familiar powers. Is he the reincarnated Scarab? Can you keep some old foes from ending the new hero's career before it begins? (An intro to Mutants & Masterminds)

So, when I get the adventure finished, I'd love to run it for 3-6 people interested in playing a superhero in Freedom City.

Secondly, I noticed that an awful lot of these new Conan books from Mongoose are written by this guy Vincent N. Darlage. Dadgum, but I'd bet it would be fun to play Conan with a guy like Vince as GM. Yup. He really knows his stuff, it seems. Or I hear he is working on Solomon Kane too. I don't know a thing about Solomon Kane, but I bet that'd be fun too.

You know what'd be really cool? If this guy Vince needed people to playtest some adventures or something. Yup. I bet that'd be fun.

(sigh)

InzeladunMaster

First Post
I just don't think GMing at GenCon would be the thing for me to do. My experience with Con gaming (albeit limited as it is) is that it has much less depth than I enjoy.

thormagni

Explorer
InzeladunMaster said:
I just don't think GMing at GenCon would be the thing for me to do. My experience with Con gaming (albeit limited as it is) is that it has much less depth than I enjoy.

Well, I wasn't really talking about YOU running a game at the con. I think you should run games for, say, a local group of gamers. Y'know, as it fits into your schedule and such.

Seriously missing the Vince games... I hope you feel up to them sometime again soon.

Fyrestryke

Explorer
I'll help ya playtest it there, Thormagni. I can run a couple of characters if need be.

Don't forget! New players to the game LOVE to be bound and gagged for hours in the back of a moving vehicle... ;)

thormagni

Explorer
Fyrestryke said:
I'll help ya playtest it there, Thormagni. I can run a couple of characters if need be.

Don't forget! New players to the game LOVE to be bound and gagged for hours in the back of a moving vehicle... ;)

That really was the takeaway lesson I had from that game. Man, was that ever fun.

Stilts

First Post
Gosh Thor, cheer up! Maybe some... Hey, I used to know some guys that did that! That does sound like it would be kind of fun! I've even heard that Vince guy lives near here; I wonder if we could find out if he does personal appearances at local venues? Wouldn't that be great!!

InzeladunMaster

First Post
thormagni said:
Seriously missing the Vince games... I hope you feel up to them sometime again soon.

It is really a matter of feeling confident that most of the players will show up most of the time. I put my heart and soul into those games.

Remove ads