• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mithral Weapons

I thought that too then I noticed what I was missing.

A mithril shirt is a chain shirt.
ac: +4 (same as normal chainshirt)
move: 30 (same as normal chainshirt)
spell fail: 10% (chainshirt normally 20%)
max dex : +6 (chain shirt normally +4)
class: light armor (same as normal chainshirt)

Elven Chain is full chainmail.
ac:+5 (same as normal chainmail)
move:30 (chainmail is normally 20)
spell fail: 20% (chainmail is normally 30%)
max dex: +4 (chainmail is normally +2)
class: light armor (chainmail is normally medium armor)

So elven chain has 4 improvements over regular chainmail while a mithril shirt has only 2 improvements over a chainshirt. Most importantly the Elven chainmail drops from medium to light armor type allows all those damn elven rangers to wear it while using their virtual feats.

So I think the cost is quite fair for both of them.

demajen said:
Speaking of mithral, is it just me, or is a Mithral Shirt way better than Elven chain? Its lighter, has a better armour check penalty reduction and arcane spell failure figure, and it doesn't cost anywhere near as much. Am i missing something.

I don't believe it changes the size of the weapon, only the weight. Weight isn't the distinguishing factor with weapon sizes. I would keep the weapon size the same.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Re: [B]Mithral Weapons[/B]

Adjudicator said:
We know that weapons made primarily of steel such as swords weigh half as much, but are they considered to be a catagory lighter?

And here is your mistake right there; a weapon one category lighter? What is that?

Weapon do not have weight category, they have size. Mithril do not change that.

Gromm

First Post
Isn't Elven Chain just mithral chain mail (not chain shirt).
Hence the better aspects come more from a chain shirt being better armor in most respects that chain mail.

hong

WotC's bitch
Gromm said:
Isn't Elven Chain just mithral chain mail (not chain shirt).
Hence the better aspects come more from a chain shirt being better armor in most respects that chain mail.

That's right. Next stop is the chain tank top, and after that....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads