ML3's FREE Home Brew Monster Art

ml3

First Post
In keeping with the free character art work thread, how about one for home brewed monsters? I know some of us are more comfortable drawing creatures than humans, and I imagine there are more new monsters floating around out there than there are characters to fight them, so there should be no shortage of material.

Would any other artists be interested in this kind of thing? I don't know if there is another thread for this somewhere but if not this might be the place to post them.

Last edited:

ml3

First Post
Well, hopefully this one can be added too frequently and kept somewhere near the top. Unless, of course, people don't find use for it.

Ferret

Explorer
I've conjured up a new race I'm writing-out:

The Illyameitr have one feature that makes them distinct, at the elbow there arm splits off into two forearms, one with a developed tree-gripping claw, and the other with spindly fingers to pry into dead bark and pull out grubs and sap. They are gaunt, and pale, but they have rubbery, gristly skin, and have only the fewest hairs on their heads. Their feet have adapted for climbing and have two black claws at the front, and a tendon that stretches from the front of the foot to the back and helps pick up vibrations.

Here is an ear I like:

Attachments

• Ear.jpg
    Ear.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 560
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Lots of prospects on this thread for doing monster/races art.

Blood elves
Ice elves
Torin dwarves (sundered dwarves)
Rockwood gnomes
Rakasta
Baklath (winged goblins)
The kha
Dracovarans
Reef giants
Forest trolls
Ice trolls
The vonakyndra
The gema
Hutaakans
Phanatons
The breshidi
The griff
The jiltan

Plus a lot more...

ml3

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Well, if this thread exists, why not use it?

An older creation of me would be the drachlings. The three posted at http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30809 do not have a really detailed description, but maybe they are sufficient. Oh, and I'm not so greedy that I want all of them if someone wants to take a shot at them ;).

If a different format is preferred, let me know.

Well, based on the post, here's the Archer Drachling....

Attachments

• ArcherDrachling.gif
    ArcherDrachling.gif
    50.6 KB · Views: 832

Remove ads