ML3's FREE Home Brew Monster Art

alsih2o

First Post
Can I beg for one?

8 foot tall bigfoot looking thing, except the hair is matted thickly (enough for an AC bonus).

Matriarchal, always the big lady in charge, arms to their knees. They live under giant bee nests, living off the honey because giant bee stinger will not penetrate their matted fur.

Small mouth, huge hands and feet.

Lensman

First Post
I just found this thread and I have to say I love the artwork! I am going grab some of them to use in my homebrew campaign setting! I know your backed up but I will request one.

Doedra
A tall lanky humanoid with long straw colored hair all over its body. (think a cross between Bigfoot and cousin It from the Addams Family) Long fingers with black nails. A wide slit of a mouth with lots of needle like teeth. Large round unblinking eyes with red pupils. They are intelligent. How about have one with a simple wooden staff in one hand and a long smoking pipe in the other. It would carry it's possessions in a large satchel with a long should strap.

SpiralBound

First Post
I've been following this thread since it first started and ML3's work is superb! I too will chime in with the "better than the MM" compliment. However, I do wish that others who are artistically inclined (even if they're "not as good as" ML3) would step up to the plate. Not because I don't like ML3's work - In fact, quite the contrary. It's just that it's a bit unfair for all the onus to be heavily pushing down on his shoulders alone to respond to everyone's "me too! me too!" posts. After all, ML3 even invited other artists to join the thread in his original post - it's not like other artists aren't welcome! :)

A few other artists, especially if they are of varying skill levels and different styles, sharing the rapidly growing list of creature submissions would be great. I mean, just look over this thread and count up the number of creatures submitted. Realistically speaking, there's no way that one artist will tackle even a significant portion of them, let alone all of them. Several times, I've throttled the urge to post any of my homebrews simply because there are already so many submissions in this thread and only one artist to do all the drawing. If any other artists are out there lurking, please jump in. If not, I'll start drawing and no one wants that!! :lol:

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
Anyone considering hiring ml3 I recommend him very highly. Great stuff with reasonable rates. He created the icon for my website.

ml3

First Post
Happy New Year

Keith, Thank you for the nod, both here and on your site. Much appreciated.

SpiralBound, Thanks for your message too. Send your creature in. I can't promise anything, but I look at everything.

CrabClaw, Here's another version of Aungorr for you. A little more fleshed out I think. Hope you like it.

Attachments

• aungorr.jpg
    aungorr.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2,028

NexH

First Post
Awesome art, ml3.
Here it is the description of an aberration I created, in case you are interested in drawing it.

The Tk'hk't:

Tk'hk'ts come from a Material Plane where underground caverns are the home of most living beings. They have six 3/2 feet diameter legs, each one with four articulations. Each leg ends in a very long and thick gray bony nail, which just touches the floor with its edge. Supported by the six legs there is a 7 ft long deformed cylinder of a deep red coloration and a rough texture that could be described as a neck, however, at the end of it there is no head, instead the neck ends in a mouth with no lips, just two rows of grey scimitar-like teeth, always visible.

A Crazy Fool

First Post
I have a construct that it would be cool to have an img to show my players.
description is not great but. It appears as a stylized skeleton with the bones seeming somewhat faceted, as well as slightly thicker and more durable than human bones. the face is extremely elongated at the front with a split in the middle of the "chin" the bones are connected by energy and the body is made of white marble. it is about 6.5 feet tall.

Ferret

Explorer
I was hoping to post a request for a drawing of a monster, instead could I get a drawing of The Aitan, here is the physical description:

Most Aitan stand at most 6’6” and at most weigh 270lb, they are athletically built. All but a few have stocky frames and calloused hands, which suits the loose clothing that they often wear, due to the physical work they often labour with, and the chafing climate most of them endure. The clothing itself is generally in plain colours, however on special occasion they often wear clothes with rich colours. Aitan most normally have dark hair, and it is either kept shaven due to the heat or wrapped into tight curls, plaits and dread locks. The native skin spreads across all the lighter shades of olive, with rare offspring showing a yellow tint that can often be mistaken for jaundice.

The kind of pose I'm thinking of is one of the aitan having heard something and has stopped mid-spin to see what it is. Hand on a sword, or some weapon, not very heavily armoured or weighted down otherwise.

I hope that enough, it'd be cool to see something as good as the Ilyameitr.

A Crazy Fool said:
I have a construct that it would be cool to have an img to show my players.
description is not great but. It appears as a stylized skeleton with the bones seeming somewhat faceted, as well as slightly thicker and more durable than human bones. the face is extremely elongated at the front with a split in the middle of the "chin" the bones are connected by energy and the body is made of white marble. it is about 6.5 feet tall.

That is a very cool visual, VERY. I don't mind if this one takes priority, one bit :)

Last edited:

A Crazy Fool

First Post
the front of the head is like an elongated HK-47 head from KOTOR if that helps.
my "guide player" (the DM's PC) made it to serve as a body gaurd or to make it seem that he was a powerful necromancer, (as oppsed to a moderatly powerful evoker(school focus only) for deterant purposes)

jgbrowning

Explorer
ml3 said:

ML3, I sent you an e-mail via your web site about purchasing the printing rights for some of your monsters. I just finished A Magical Society: Beast Builder and want to use some of your illustrations you've already done in the book. Your monsters fit perfectly with the theme of the work.

Please send me an e-mail at josephbrowning@exp.citymax.com and we can discuss numbers, both on the amount of art we need (several pages worth at least) as well as payment.

Joseph Browning
Expeditious Retreat Press

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
ml3 said:
for knightfall

Oh My God! That is Awsome! Just when I think I can't be more impressed by your artwork you totally redefine "amazing".

That is going on my yahoo group right now. W00t!

Thanks again ml3.

KF72

Dungeon Delver's Guide

An Advertisement

Advertisement4