• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ML3's FREE Home Brew Monster Art

fourthmensch

First Post
New Thread Started

Torx said:
Sorry for the quick sidebar!

fourthmensch - I'm very interested in your "illithid-touched." Do you have stats available? Perhaps they're already posted in another thread. If not, please let me know how they can be made available. Thanks!
No problem Torx: http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1738915#post1738915

Tried to pm or email you, but apparently I cannot do so--so apologies to everyone else for the clutter :).

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Lovin' your stuff on this thread so far! And I second the suggestions, I'd definitely consider doing some freelancing for d20 companies, it's definitely good enough quality.

Here's two I'd not mind nifty art of. I realize ml3's busy, no rush, when/if you get around to them. An archdevil and one of his creations:

1) Duke Vapula, Lord of the Infernal Machine: Although Vapula can appear to mortals in nearly any guise, his true form is that of a regal-looking man with aquiline features, nearly 15 feet in height. The devil wears a cloak made from the pure-white feathers of the angels and devas slain by his mechanical creations, and his hands have the claws of a bird of prey. He is often found, as suits his personality, in the libraries of Hell, paging through this book or that, finding the facts and tidbits he uses to win souls. He is always accompanied by a fiendish griffon.

2) Iron Whipmaster: The iron whipmaster superficially resembles an iron golem, though it rather conspicuously lacks a head. A small glass window on the thing’s chest reveals a leering, demonic visage and nine iron-tipped nodules are arranged in a ring in place of a head. It has two humanoid arms. When punishing a slave, an iron whip snakes out from under its hand, and it lashes the shade with this. On occasion, Vapula gifts a mortal cultist with one or more of these monstrosities. Since it might be relevant to the drawing, the ring is motored: during this guy's main special attack, the nodules in its "head" extend to whips and flail around madly.

Last edited:

ml3

First Post
Coming back

With the Halloween season upon us, I'm feeling the monster groove again. If I can free up some time, aside from some freelance responsibilities, I'll finish up some things I left unfinsihed and tackle a few more. Please keep them comin.

Thanks

ml3

First Post
new pic

Ok, so here's what I'm thinking:

I enjoy doing this and want to do more, but my schedule is making it increasingly difficult. So in order to turn these out in a relatively timely manner, from now on I am going to do these as b&w concept drawings rather than full blown color pics. I hope the result satisfy your creatures' needs.

Of course, if I find myself with a little extra time and a creature that's gnawing at my brain, I will do a color version now and again. Please don't take it personally if yours is not one of them. Things just randomly get to me or not.

Anyway, here is a drawing I did of Torx's Cor. An unusual creature. I hope I got it.

Sylvaroth, I'm liking the idea of the Amazarakh too. Puting some ideas together now.

Once again, thanks for keeping the thread going.

ok, can't get the pic to attach for some reason. I'll try again later

Attachments

• cor.jpg
    cor.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads