• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MnM Cyberpunk Game "Digital Seed" OOC Thread

Evil Ujio

First Post
Watching TV I had an epiphany anyone want to use Mutants & Masterminds rules, and just use them to streamline the rules :)

Last edited:

Turanil

First Post
EDIT:

I still don't have any idea what character to create, don't have anything MnM, and am not very excited in beginning at 1st level... :\ In fact, sorry to change my mind, but I finally won't play (plus I have so many things to do, it's unwise to begin to join several games, will rather stick with the two I am in).

Sorry, have a good play all.

Last edited:

Super Girl

First Post
Evil Ujio said:
just give me some specifics and will come up with some prices for you... like do you want advanced vision and stuff? Onboard computer? Any frame reinforcement... just give me an idea and I will see if you can afford it :)

Uh... well lets see
Dark vision

as far as the onboard computer, I just want it to be a database of stuff that when she looks at something, it will recognize it and provide extra information on it, like what it is, any weak points, etc.

I wasn't thinking of any physical enhancements, as far as going MnM, what would the PL be, because low PLs in MnM are killer, just buying your attack bonus and defense bonus to 1 is a third of a PL 1's pp.

Karl Green

First Post
hehe now if you use M&M I'm interested!
While I like D20 Modern/Future well enough, I think if you go for a cyber like world I would use either M&M (with some gritter rules) or something non-D20

But having said that M&M is just easier to do all those freaky things with.

Would you spend points for Equipment? The new M&M book intro the d20 Modern Wealth system into M&M and is kind of cool but it would be easy to just spend points.

I think that you should allow some powers to exceed the PL level. If I am PL5 but want to carry a Sniper Rifle that is +8Dmg or something as an example. Just wondering...

Elfy

First Post
What Super Girl and Karl said =)

MnM 6th level, 2:1 skill ratio would probably work good =)

And now I'm interested =)

Elfy

First Post
Oh yeah, Karl, I just got MnM Noir this Thursday. The Wealth and Reputation rules seems pretty decent to me.

And MnM Nocturnals has lots of good feats related to Guns and stuff too.

Oh, and Gimmick's Guide to Gadgets is due out in January.

"It's filled with lots of new gadgets and toys, along with new and expanded rules for constructs, tech-levels, gadget-related powers, and more."

So maybe there will be some stuff useful in a Cyberpunk type game in it, although that's still a few weeks away.

Last edited:

Remove ads