• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MnM Cyberpunk Game "Digital Seed" OOC Thread

Evil Ujio

First Post
BTW working on some rules I have cobbled together for wealth... for the most part wealth will be ued to purchase items once the game gets going, Character Points should be spent on your cyberwear if any, skills, genetic enhancements if any, Characters can exceed the the PL as well. You will have to spend character points on your Wealth Bonus as well, at one for one.

Starting PL will be 5, with 2 to 1 skills. Any "powers" should have the cybernetic origin, genetic origin, or training. If you wish to make an android use normal character creation rules, but just be sure to get approriate feats. Initial equipment sould be bought with the initial Character Points any additional equipment or money issues will be resolved with Wealth rolls.

Franks ar genetically enhanced humans, they may be stronger then normal, or faster, or smarter then the norm, but are essentially human constructs. Meanwhile moreaus are animal human genetic hybrids, some ar subtle which means they look virtually human while others are overt, and look like anthropomorphic animal people.

More rules forthcoming...

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Kewl I will post something soon… but first some thoughts that I had about cyber-stuff and M&M.

One thing that I thought was I wanted people to be able to take things like Super-Strength and Super-Speed, but doubling each level was just too much (would suspend my bielf just to much). I thought instead of doubling each level, it should be a flat +50% each level. This way someone could take Super-Speed 4 (called Wired-Reflexes IV) would increase the characters speed by 200% and they could do thing 3 times as fast (so that spiriting speed is only 600ft/round, or 60mph… coughSix-Million-Dollar-Mancough). Super-Strength 4 (Muscle Augmentation IV) with a STR20 would mean a carrying capacity of Light: 399lb, Medium: 798lb, Heavy: 1,200lb, and Maximum: 3,200lbs.

It just puts all that a bit more in the realm of believability :)

Last edited:

Evil Ujio

First Post
That is a good idea, I will refine the idea :)

Mutants and Masterminds – Cyberpunk House Rules

Wealth: Characters can purchase wealth with Character Points, to purchase gear for their characters. Each character point spent equates to one point of wealth, i.e. if a character spends 8 points then they have a +8 Wealth score. Wealth rules from D20 Modern will be used for this setting.

New Wealth Feats

Well-Off

You always make sure you have money in the bank, either for pleasure or for business you have the funds.
Benefits: This feat confers a +2 bonus to your Wealth score. An item’s purchase DC is considered five points lower when applying the wealth bonus decrease. The item’s price stays the same and the decrease for DC 15 or higher purchases still applies though.

Independently Wealthy
You have wealth, either illegally or legally you came into some money. Things are easy for you purchase and people cater to your wealth.
Prerequisite: Well-Off
Benefits: This feat confers a +4 bonus to your Wealth score. An item’s purchase DC is considered ten points lower when applying the wealth bonus decrease. The item’s price stays the same and the decrease for DC 15 or higher purchases still applies though.

Always Connected
You have connections to the Black Market, and can get anything for just about price anywhere in the world. You know where to go, and who to talk to get the toys you need no questions asked.
Prerequisites: Diplomacy 5 ranks, Bluff 5 ranks
Benefits: You receive a +3 to all Diplomacy and Bluff checks when dealing with underworld contacts connected to the Black Market. You can purchase items on the Black Market just about anywhere in the world. The purchase DC for any item on the Black Market is reduced by 5.

Last edited:

Evil Ujio

First Post
Cyber not so much, but frankds, moreaus are considered second class freaks... while androids are rarely taken seriously and are usually thought of as property :)

Elfy

First Post
If you reduce the benefits of a power, then you should reduce the cost of the power as well. So if you reduce the Sprinting Speed Multiplier and Time Reduction Multiplier from Super-Speed, then you should drop the cost down from 6PP per rank to 5PP per rank to be fair. Similarly, if you reduce the Lifting Weight Multiplier from Super-Strength, you should drop the cost down from 4PP per rank to 3PP per rank to be fair. Especially since the players only have 75PP as a base to work from.

Karl Green

First Post
I personally would not lower the costs... I see it this way, you are still getting a boost, just not an unrealistic one (in the example above I would outlaw SuperSpeed from the game because otherwise a few ranks gets you into the hundreds of miles per hour!). I guess I don't see it as a penalty worth a full flaw
Again just my thoughts... I will go with whatever the GM says :)

Last edited:

Evil Ujio

First Post
Elfy said:
If you reduce the benefits of a power, then you should reduce the cost of the power as well. So if you reduce the Sprinting Speed Multiplier and Time Reduction Multiplier from Super-Speed, then you should drop the cost down from 6PP per rank to 5PP per rank to be fair. Similarly, if you reduce the Lifting Weight Multiplier from Super-Strength, you should drop the cost down from 4PP per rank to 3PP per rank to be fair. Especially since the players only have 75PP as a base to work from.
There is no reason to reduce the cost all characters in the game will use the powers equally therefore the loss of "power" is negligible... it evens out essentially.

Super Girl

First Post
So long as it is applied to everyone equally its not a problem, besides, MnM type power levels would just be over the top in such a game setting. +3 super-speed in such a setting is nothing to sneeze at, and is probably going to be on the high side of whats availible. Look at what those 18 pp buy you:
  • +3 Dodge Bonus
  • +3 Reflex Save
  • +3 Initiative Bonus
  • Doing things in a quarter of the time (by regular MnM rules doing things in 1/8th the time)
  • increasing your running speed by half

In a lower powered world, those are some ungodly numbers, and would probably cost in the millions to have implants to do this.

Elfy

First Post
Evil Ujio said:
it evens out essentially.

Yes and No. Yes in that a character with Super-Speed in comparison to another character with Super-Speed would balance out with each other. No in that the person taking Super-Speed is paying full price of the power but not getting full benefits of the power in comparison to someone else purchasing _other_ powers costing the same number of PP.

But whatever you want to do.

Remove ads