• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mod and Admin behavior?

Shayuri

First Post
I recall seeing The Goonies once when I was young. Pretty much all I remember is:

1) The girl was hot (in a teenage kind of way).

2) See 1.

Was there any more to the movie than that? Really? It must be down in the same pit I threw Season 3 of Heroes, and the last two Matrix movies.

The pit of despair.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
It must be down in the same pit I threw Season 3 of Heroes, and the last two Matrix movies.

The pit of despair.

BLASPHEMY! The last Matrix Movie was awesome! The best part of that movie when when The One walked into that club wearing his badass cloak and.. Sorry, I'm thinking Tron Legacy. Funny how I can easily mistake those two movies series. :D

Momeeche

First Post
I don't like Cyndi Lauper music. "Girls just wanta have fun" makes us sound like alcoholic sluts. The movie is otherwise silly fun.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I don't like Cyndi Lauper music. "Girls just wanta have fun" makes us sound like alcoholic sluts. The movie is otherwise silly fun.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Ther's more to Cyndi than that- she also has songs about masturbation ("She Bop") and the pain of true love ("Time After Time").

REAL slutty alcoholic women listen to Cycle Sluts From Hell's "I wish you were a beer"...or The Spice Girls' catalogue.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I don't think that is funny but I will over look it because it is Christmas.

"Girls Wanna Have Fun" was originally written for a male singer and Cindy Lauper rewrote parts of the song because she thought it was misogynistic. Considering that the lyrics were originally about "several girls pleasing a man", the song making "women sound like alcoholic sluts" probably was the original intent.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
"Girls Wanna Have Fun" was originally written for a male singer and Cindy Lauper rewrote parts of the song because she thought it was misogynistic. Considering that the lyrics were originally about "several girls pleasing a man", the song making "women sound like alcoholic sluts" probably was the original intent.

I'm a huge music nut and I did not know that- thanks for the 411!

Remove ads