• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Modifier Changes

Is this change a good thing?

• "I think this change is a good idea and Lights should get Nobility instead of Emotion"

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • "I think this change is a good idea and Lights should not get Nobility instead of Emotion"

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • "I think this change is a bad idea"

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • "I don't really have an opinion about this change"

Votes: 4 26.7%

Kalanyr

Explorer
Graydoom,Darkwolf and I were in the chatroom talking and the supreme modifier list came up. After some discussion we realised none of us really liked the invincible/flawless/faultless/perfect moves so we came up with a new nobility modifer list to replace supreme:

Supreme Master is :irresistible, invincible, mighty, perfect, faultless, flawless, pure, superior, transcendent, supreme

Master of Nobility would be: kingly,honorable,pure,transcendent,righteous,noble,enlightened,honest, shining,proud

I would like to see Master of Emotions on the Light path swapped for Master of Nobility but that's just a personal thing. I don't think wrathful and some similar mods really belong on the Light Path list.

graydoom

First Post
As Kal said, we discussed this in chat. I support this change because I feel that the perfect/flawless/invincible modifiers were just too strong to contribute to the game. I believe that the nobility mods are much more appropriate, especially to Lights.

Therfore, I support removing the Supreme modifier set, adding in the Nobility modifier set, exchanging the Supeme mod set that Honor gets for Nobility, and exchanging the Emotions mod set that Lights get for Nobility.

reiella

Explorer
I dunno...

Real problem I hold simply is just that nobility still maintains the pretense of being probably the strongest modifier bundle pack.

Course that's also the problem I had with modifier bundles in general.

I just simply don't know...

There's also that I actually happen to like invincible, perfect, and supreme as modifiers (and I can actually stomach them being only available for Tier 7 Honored Fighters... because they create rather strong moves).

Will wait for other conversation on the matter to post my vote.

Zappo

Explorer
Like reiella, I like the Supreme modifiers. Also, the fact that you can't choose the modifier bundle you're getting means that they aren't necessarily broken simply because they exist.

If you feel that Tier 7 honor fighters are too powerful because of this, we could talk about lowering their power in some other way. If everything fails, we could swap Supreme for Nobility for the mod bundles, but leave the Supreme modifiers in the generator. Noone would be able to have them as a signature modifier.

Kalanyr

Explorer
5 for 1 against and 2 don't cares at the moment.

Of those who do like it 4 think Lights should get the new mods.

Any new comments or votes?

Remove ads