Modiphius Takes Over Vampire: The Masquerade

The latest update in the ongoing White Wolf/Vampire saga has just been announced! Modiphius Entertainment (Conan, Star Trek, John Carter) has signed a deal with Paradox to manage the Vampire: The Masqeurade brand.

V5_Core_Mockup_Presale.jpg

Modiphius Entertainment has signed a publishing deal with Paradox Interactive to manage the tabletop roleplaying brand Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition

“We are thrilled to become the official stewards of this incredible roleplaying game,” said Chris Birch, President and CEO of Modiphius. “And we look forward to developing and publishing the official Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition (V5) tabletop roleplaying game under license from Paradox. We’re committed to providing fans with a truly exceptional range of new products to help them enjoy this rich, exciting world.”

Modiphius has already earned recognition for its hugely successful pre-order and distribution of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition following its 2017 distribution deal with White Wolf Entertainment. After discussions with Paradox, Modiphius has agreed to oversee all publishing and licensing for V5 tabletop roleplaying games.

Modiphius will be responsible for guiding the plot development running throughout V5 tabletop roleplaying products and ensuring each product is fully approved by both the White Wolf brand team within Paradox, and also with Modiphius own team of V5 experts.

Modiphius is committed to delivering a truly exceptional range for V5 that maintains the high standard of editing, production, and development seen in their other lines. Working with existing White Wolf partners Onyx Path Publishing, Elderwood Academy, Dogmight Games, Nosolorol, Arkhane Asylum, Need Games, Studio 101, By Night Studios, and many more to be announced soon, the team will continue to expand on the diverse product range as well as available languages. Modiphius will work with all partners to ensure major releases are also available at retail.

The White Wolf brand team have completed re-editing the Anarch and Camarilla supplements to go to production early January, with pre-orders shipping in late January for web orders and early March for retail.

Modiphius plans to produce a host of exciting new releases to expand the range for new and old players alike including:

The Fall of London V5 Chronicle (Summer 2019) – London is burning. As the Second Inquisition put the city's Kindred to the torch, your characters wake from torpor. The sensible thing would be to flee now, but before you can leave the capital, you have one last job to do... This campaign is perfect to bring your Vampire players up to speed on the plot developments in Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition or as as a gateway for new players.

V5 Players Guide (Summer 2019) – A guide to playing different styles of Vampire: The Masquerade to help you play the way YOU want to play, from gritty street level drama to romantic blood opera, complete with advice, new rules, and guidance on using the 5th Edition system to play previous editions of Vampire..

V5 Starter Set - (Christmas 2019) - An introductory starter set containing rules to play a self-contained campaign, with premade characters, handouts, maps, tokens and dice.

The Second Inquisition (Summer 2020) – Discover the plans, strategies, resources, and technologies of the highly secret organisations charged with investigating and eliminating the vampire threat, including Firstlight and the Society of St. Leopold.. This supplement for V5 will give Storytellers everything they need to know about these feared and fearless organisations to provide all manner of covert opposition for your Chronicle, along with advice for Storytellers who want to run chronicles featuring player characters as a well-equipped covert team of Second Inquisition operatives.

Further releases will be announced as they are agreed.

White Wolf's corresponding announcement reads:

Hello again, everyone.

I am delighted to inform you all that we have reached an agreement with Modiphius Entertainment to manage, publish, and guide the Vampire RPG product line going forward. As of today, Modiphius will take over the creation of new products within the Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition line, while White Wolf will move into a brand management role to ensure these books and games fit elegantly into the World of Darkness. We’re glad to have the Modiphius team steering V5 into the future, and full details on their new role — and new books coming soon — are available in a press release here.

This new arrangement goes into effect immediately following the publishing of the Camarilla and Anarch books. As promised, the section on Chechnya that previously appeared in the Camarilla book has been removed from both the print and digital versions, and replaced with new content. All pre-orders for these books, as well as the Anarch books, will now be fulfilled, and we expect delivery to be complete as soon as possible, with all orders estimated to be filled by early Q1 2019. I want to again thank all pre-order customers for their patience during this process.

Once all existing pre-order commitments are finished, both the Camarilla and Anarch books will no longer be available for sale in print or in digital form. White Wolf is moving away from internal development and publishing, and this is part of that process. The creation and sale of these books would not happen under the incarnation of White Wolf that we are building — the creation, production, and editorial oversight of such products is now entirely run by Modiphius Entertainment and their partners. Until then, we’ve made promises to customers and partners who have pre-ordered these books, and we feel a strong obligation to fulfill those commitments as they were made. Those orders will be filled, and then we will focus entirely on working with licensees who will create the White Wolf products yet to come.

I see White Wolf in the future as a company that will continue steering the World of Darkness as the setting for incredible experiences that both entertain and challenge our players, but with strong editorial leadership, and more guidance and input from a broader set of voices. There needs to be new leadership for this new direction, and we believe Modiphius will be an integral part of this process with regards to Vampire, but there are more steps still to be taken for the World of Darkness and White Wolf as a whole.

In the last few weeks, many of you have reached out to share your opinions, and it’s been enlightening to see just how many differing viewpoints there are on where the World of Darkness ought to go next. I’m glad there are so many of you who feel strongly on the subject, because as mentioned, we are looking for someone to lead White Wolf into its next chapter. I’ve placed a job ad for a new Brand Manager at White Wolf: someone who will lead the marketing and creative sides of the company. This person will be the most senior member of the White Wolf team, and they will report directly to me at Paradox Interactive.

If you think you’re the right person for the job, and you want to do justice to these amazing brands, please apply. Have a look and send your application here: (https://career.paradoxplaza.com/jobs/154773-brand-manager-white-wolf)

Best regards,
Shams Jorjani

Paul Reich

First Post
I'm a bit lost on the wording of some things.
According to the article, the Anarch and Camarilla books are releasing in March, but Modiphius is saying the books won't be printed again after pre-orders are fulfilled.

5ekyu

Hero
A 2d20 version of WoD would be a risk too big. It would be easier to publish a 2d20 gothic horror + supernatural romance in a fantasy world.
Honestly, my experience with 2d20 is with STA a nd while I really wanted to like it there I cannot see it bring at all viable for VtM.

But, even without that, while I loved the 5th ed VtM core book, no way Modip & Co is getting any more $$$ from me for VtM given how things were handled.

Not moving directions I like so I can move on and they wont miss my money one bit.

I wish them well and sincerely hope they find that fanbase their work appeals to.

Honestly, my experience with 2d20 is with STA a nd while I really wanted to like it there I cannot see it bring at all viable for VtM.

But, even without that, while I loved the 5th ed VtM core book, no way Modip & Co is getting any more $$$ from me for VtM given how things were handled.

Not moving directions I like so I can move on and they wont miss my money one bit.

I wish them well and sincerely hope they find that fanbase their work appeals to.
It might also be co-published by Modiphius, but you might have a look at Helmgast's Kult: Divinity Lost, which is also a hard hitting horror RPG from the early 1990s, but has a more generally supportive fanbase that doesn't want to see the material or artistic vision being compromised. The setting and background is largely untouched and faithful to the original, which so impressed White Wolf in the 1990s, that they included a series of articles in the White Wolf magazine converting all their WoD games to Kult's cosmology.

5ekyu

Hero
It might also be co-published by Modiphius, but you might have a look at Helmgast's Kult: Divinity Lost, which is also a hard hitting horror RPG from the early 1990s, but has a more generally supportive fanbase that doesn't want to see the material or artistic vision being compromised. The setting and background is largely untouched and faithful to the original, which so impressed White Wolf in the 1990s, that they included a series of articles in the White Wolf magazine converting all their WoD games to Kult's cosmology.
Thanks

datalink7

First Post
*goes to look at Siege*
*sees post that confirms shipments are enroute and will be delivered in January*

You were saying?

Oh come on. That's a ridiculous statement and you know it. Siege was supposed to ship in October of 2017, and the shipment that is "on the way" isn't even the entire thing.

I mean, I'm looking forward to getting it to and I've not been one of the ones complaining, but pointing to Siege as some kind of example that Modiphius isn't over their head is laughable :D

I think they ARE taking on more than they can chew at the moment. Outside of Siege, the release of Fallout: Wasteland Warfare has been plagued with difficulties. I went all in on that as well so I'm well versed in Modiphius at the moment.

That being said Fallout is an AWESOME game, and Siege looks like it will be great, so I have faith they will put out a good product. Just don't trust any of their projected timelines right now as I think they are overwhelmed a bit.

As someone else said, it is likely a "now or never" moment to snag the Vampire license so they did it.

datalink7

First Post
No, don't project your own pessimism. Kickstarters are commonly delayed without that having any bearing on the overall ability of the organization.

Wait, did you mean to quote and respond to me or someone else? Because your reply doesn't make sense as a response to my post.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases